Job title: Sessional Tutor - Sustainable Living Practices
Job Ref: 386
Salary: £24.50 per hour
Place of work: Hull, East Riding and North East Lincolnshire
Business Unit: Yorkshire & Humber
Purpose of the role:
To deliver gardening and sustainable growing courses to groups of adults aged 19 + based within within the Hull, East Riding and North East Lincolnshire communities.
Key areas of responsibility:
Do you want to work somewhere that no two days are the same, where you make a difference to people`s lives?
...And one that values yours?
Yes? Work for us - The WEA. Create real change, and be a part of something bigger.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Sessional Tutor to teach Gardening and Sustainable Growing Practices as part of our new Green Branch programme.
Our students come from every walk of life, and we want to be as diverse as they are, so we are keen to hear from candidates from minority backgrounds.
Key Areas of Responsibility Include:
• Plan and deliver courses in consultation with our partnership organisation, Castaway, based in Goole.
• Prepare/adapt appropriate teaching materials
• Identify/assess the needs of learners and adapt course content and delivery style to meet their needs.
• Comply with all WEA policies, including Equality and Diversity and Prevent.
• Actively promote the WEA within and outside course sessions
• Evaluate the effectiveness of learning, assessing students’ work where appropriate.
• Ensure all required paperwork including course registers, learning evaluation and end of term report forms are completed within the required time frame.
You will possess a minimum level 3 qualification in your subject area and a level 3 or 4 certificate in Education and Training or equivalent (or be willing to work towards one).
You will have a good knowledge of sustainability issues including practical knowledge and ideas for ways in which people can work towards living in a more sustainable way through reducing their carbon footprint, recycling/upcycling, reducing food waste and other eco-friendly practices. You will also have a good understanding of the socio/political climate in which we currently live in relation to sustainability and protecting the environment as well as a commitment to building community strength and cohesion.