Location: Skipton, North Yorkshire
Craven College is an aspirational College set in safe, friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. We continuously invest in our excellent industry standard facilities to support and enhance studies.
We are currently seeking an organised and enthusiastic Lecturer in Human Physiology and Science to teach a range of Human Physiology and Science units from programmes within the School of Health, Science and Landbased Industries and to act as Programme Leader, as required for one or more courses.
The post holder will teach a range of Human Physiology and Science units from programmes (e.g. BTEC and Access to HE, levels 1-4,) within the School of Health, Science and Landbased Industries and a range of learners, including 14-16 year olds; develop and design appropriate learning materials for a variety of learners; act as Course Tutor within the School and provide support and guidance to students and staff, as necessary; prepare, mark, assess and record students work as necessary to meet Quality Assurance and self-assessment requirements within deadlines; implement appropriate College Quality Assurance procedures and carry out relevant recording and administrative tasks to meet deadlines; meet quality standards with particular reference to retention and achievement and be responsible for monitoring and reporting on continuous performance and improvement;
The successful candidate will:
• Have a degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant subject area;
• Possess a current teaching qualification to Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training/PGCE/Cert Ed (or working towards);
• Be qualified to Level 2 (GCSE Grade A*-C or equivalent) in English and maths (or willing to work towards completion within a specified time frame);
• Have recent relevant experience of teaching to a high standard in the FE sector, including 14-16 age range;
• Possess good administrative skills with the ability to maintain accurate and relevant records in line with quality procedures;
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and organisational skills;.
For further information, including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website www.craven-college.ac.uk/jobs
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.
Closing date: Sunday 17 November 2019
Interview date: w/c 18 November 2019