There has never been a more exciting time to join The Oldham College. In January 2019 we were confirmed by OFSTED as a “Good College”.
The OFSTED report stated that we are regarded as a “Good” across every area: “Our quality of teaching, learning and assessment are good”, “overall achievement has improved” and “we continue to nurture the culture of inclusion across the college. Staff, learners and apprentices embrace and promote equality of opportunity and celebrate diversity”
Come and join Oldham College in its ambition to become “Outstanding” and the “Best Place to Learn and Work” across all of our provisions.
We are looking for:
Programme Tutor – Professional Construction
· Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience)
We are a local college with a reputation for dynamism and success and provide high level technical and vocational education and training. We embrace and encourage all those who are driven to better themselves, achieve their goals and reach new heights. Overall we have around 5,500 full-time students in the College and 700 in our University Campus.
The Oldham College is expanding and enhancing its Professional Construction provision from Level 3, through Level 4 and 5 and higher through a dynamic engagement with employers, a fantastic new building and resource investment.
We are now recruiting an ambitious team to deliver, develop and expand the qualifications and courses that will respond to local and regional needs. We would consider fractional posts for these positions.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
· Generous Pension Scheme
· Employee Assistance Scheme
· Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
· Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
· Free confidential counselling service
· Staff recognition awards
· On-site Day Nursery
· On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre
As part of the FE Construction team based at Oldham College, you will be offering educational opportunities for young people who do not yet have the qualifications to start higher level vocational study programmes.
· You will be responsible for the organisation of teaching / support and learning for a specific assignment of FE learners and maintain professional relationships with internal programme tutors and employers and your teaching may span Levels 3-6.
· You must have relevant Industry experience.
· You will have excellent organisational skills to ensure the effective coordination of the work experience/ placement service for full time students.
· You will have excellent IT skills and good working knowledge of work experience quality standards.
Further details including a Person Specification are included within the attached Job Description.
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
To apply for this vacancy please email an up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com before the closing date of Monday 18th November 2019.
***PLEASE DO NOT USE THE APPLY BUTTON***
Closing Date- 18-Nov-2019
Job Reference- 19/74