Wessex Education Shared Services has an exciting opportunity for a Management Information Business Partner (Analyst) / Senior MI Business Partner (Analyst) to join their team in Bournemouth at Redlands. This is a full time role offering a competitive salary of £25,250 - £28,280 DOE.
We are a busy organisation that can offer you a great working environment and opportunities. Wessex Education Shared Services (WESS) is a pioneering shared service company operating in a Further Education environment.
We provide a wide range of services to our two member colleges: Brockenhurst College and Bournemouth & Poole College. These include financial management, payroll, human resources, examinations, student records, data returns processing, and IT software development.
About the role
The Management Information Business Partner (Analyst) role:
Do you have a keen eye for detail and enjoy working with numbers and data? Do you enjoy solving problems, identifying the root cause and fixing data issues? If so, we would love to meet with you to discuss our current vacancy within our Management Information Business Partner team.
With full training provided, the successful candidate will work within a team of 4 Business Partners, providing data analysis to our member colleges; and assist with full curriculum planning, resolution of data errors and submission of accurate funding returns.
The successful candidate will be a critical thinker, possess excellent customer service skills, work to a high level of accuracy, and be able to work to tight deadlines.
As an MI Business Partner (Analyst) you will:
· Work closely with member colleges, particularly to help departmental managers understand their data and to resolve issues with their data
· Following full training, manage and submit data/funding returns, ensuring they are accurate and valid
· Provide clear analysis to customers on funding and academic performance data
· Develop an understanding of the government funding methodologies and support the member colleges to ensure they comply with funding rules
· Take part in the curriculum/business planning process
· Following training, highlight data errors in funding returns and work with departments to correct them
· Run reports and analyse accordingly
· Support colleges through internal and external audits
· Identify areas where data quality is poor or at risk, and develop processes to correct them
The ideal MI Business Partner (Analyst) will need:
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to work to tight deadlines and demonstrate time management skills
· Problem solving skills and ability to work under own initiative or as part of a team
· Ability to work to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to solve an error/problem in a logical manner
· Ability to learn complex methodologies specific to the sector
· Ability to communicate complex methodologies to non-expert staff
· A good knowledge of MS Excel
· Level 3 qualification(s) or relevant work experience
· Experience of a data driven environment
· Experience of following processes and procedures
· Experience of working to tight deadlines
· Experience of presenting complex data in a simple manner
Please note the closing date for this role is 20 November 2019 and interviews will be held on 27 November 2019.
Wessex Education Shared Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.