Sessional Tutor – Paediatric and Emergency First Aid at Work
Job Ref: 332
Salary: £25.24 per hour
Place of work: Braintree
Business Unit: Eastern
Purpose of the role:
Do you want to work somewhere that no two days are the same, where you make a difference to people`s lives?
...And one that values yours?
Yes? Work for us - The WEA. Create real change, and be a part of something bigger.
We are currently recruiting tutors to deliver Paediatric first aid and emergency first aid at work
Braintree, Chelmsford and Colchester and a willingness to travel across Essex would be advantageous
Our students come from every walk of life, and we want to be as diverse as they are, so we are keen to hear from candidates from minority backgrounds.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Plan and deliver courses in consultation with our partnership organisation, Castaway, based in Goole.
• Prepare/adapt appropriate teaching materials
• Identify/assess the needs of learners and adapt course content and delivery style to meet their needs.
• Comply with all WEA policies, including Equality and Diversity and Prevent.
• Actively promote the WEA within and outside course sessions
• Evaluate the effectiveness of learning, assessing students’ work where appropriate.
• Ensure all required paperwork including course registers, learning evaluation and end of term report forms are completed within the required time frame.
You will possess a minimum level 3 qualification in your subject area and a level 3 or 4 certificate in Education and Training or equivalent (or be willing to work towards one).
You will have combined professional skills of acting and music in a theatre context, and experience of devising drama and directing music for theatre in both musicals and plays. You will have experience of delivering quality learning experiences to adults with LLDD and as such, will be confident in working with and supporting students with a wide range of communication, learning and physical disabilities.
Link to apply below: https://www.wea.org.uk/careers/apply/jobs/view/332