Centre Reception and Administrative Officer
Salary: Scale 4/5, £20,388 - £23,515 per annum (FTE £22,377 - £25,809 per annum) inclusive of London Weighting Allowance
Hours: 36 hours per week, Term Time plus four weeks in non-Term Time
Location: Wyvern House, Uxbridge, UB8 2XN
Orchard Hill College is a non-residential National Specialist College for adults with learning difficulties and disabilities and we have an exciting opportunity for a driven and motivated individual to join our team.
Based within our College centre in Uxbridge, you will work closely with College staff, students, parents, carers, professionals, and visitors, to maintain the high standards of the College by maintaining an efficient and welcoming reception area, ensuring safe and secure entrance and exits of all students, staff and visitors, and certifying that ID’s are checked and students exit with the correct escort/driver.
• Greet and deal with enquiries in a polite, friendly and professional manner
• Handle office diaries and room bookings
• Support with general administrative duties
• Manage petty cash
• Use and input student information onto the College MIS
The right person for this job will;
• Have experience of working within a team
• Excellent customer service skills
• The ability to work under pressure
• The ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with students who have significant communication difficulties
Orchard Hill College is a unique and rewarding place to work and has both a broad range of learners and a dynamic and supportive staff team. We provide our students with more opportunities than ever before to be part of the local community. We operate out of centres in Carshalton, Beddington, New Malden, Wandsworth, Camberwell Green and Uxbridge.
To apply for this role please visit https://orchardhill.ac.uk/vacancies/ to download an application form. Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing date: 12 noon Monday 28th October 2019
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.