Purpose of the role:
We are the Workers` Educational Association (WEA); a unique charity and the UK`s largest voluntary sector provider of adult education. We were recently rated "Good" in all categories by Ofsted and we aspire to be Outstanding. Since 1903, we have been offering disadvantaged adults the opportunity to return to learning - inspiring them to realise their full potential and become active, engaged citizens. We deliver courses to 50,000 people in 2,300 locations across England and Scotland.
Our focus is on social purpose and change and we achieve this by bringing great teaching to local communities. We run courses in community venues such as workplaces, schools, libraries and even the local pub
Key areas of responsibility:
We need tutors with:
• Up to date working knowledge and experience of teaching the ESOL and/or Functional Skills curricula to diverse student group
• Experience of working in community setting
• A strong understanding of adult learning and a belief in its important
• A recognised teaching qualification (PGCE, DTLLS, Cert Ed) ideally at level 5 alongside
• Subject specialism (ideally also at level 5
• Experience of delivering non accredited and accredited course
• Excellent interpersonal and organisational skill
• A desire to share and improve teaching practice
Because we serve people from all walks of life, we are keen to develop a diverse workforce and particularly welcome applications from members of minority groups.
Link to apply below: https://www.wea.org.uk/careers/apply/jobs/view/294