Job Title - Management Apprenticeship Specialist (Assessor/Tutor)
Salary - Up to £33,000 (FTE) plus car/allowance and mileage plus Veolia benefits *listed below
Grade - 5.2
Location - Home based, with national travel
Hours - Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
This role is being offered as a fixed term contract until May 2020.
What you’ll do
Our Management Apprenticeship Specialist (Assessor/Tutor) is required to deliver an outstanding learner experience on the Management apprenticeship through effective and engaging teaching - but it doesn’t stop there! You will enable our learners to maximise their potential through delivering classroom/group based training, field based visits and learning through digital platforms.
Using a variety of engaging and interesting teaching and learning strategies, you will give learners access to a full range of high quality resources.
Furthermore, you will:
● Work with internal and external stakeholders and coordinate learning to culminate in the successful achievement of Management Apprenticeships, delivering Apprenticeship Standards in Leadership and Management to level 5, along with Functional Skills - Maths and English at level 2, as well as undertaking internal quality assurance of qualifications when required.
● By working with our People Development Business Partners, you will ensure stakeholders are fully aware of opportunities within their identified sector
● Ensure effective implementation and monitoring of support programmes including personal tutorials, welfare reviews, coaching and value added programmes enabling all learners to make planned progress and achieve timely through effective practices to meet learning outcomes including use of evolving technology.
● By managing your diary efficiently, you will ensure timely visits and reviews are conducted with all learners receiving a minimum of a monthly visit
● Work with learners who may need enhanced support to successfully complete their apprenticeship, overcoming barriers and adapting delivery and assist learners and managers with action planning and recording achievement.
● To undertake developments of the curriculum, to support the developments, to take part in course reviews and course development activities, and to work with colleagues to improve and develop the courses.
The experience you will need
You will already have apprenticeship delivery experience with a training provider/college or levy paying employer provider, with an A1 Assessing Qualification or equivalent. You will also have an award in Education & Training (Level 3) or equivalent and the ability to deliver English and Maths functional skills.
You will also have proven experience of outstanding teaching, learning and assessment, with the ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business with your friendly and supportive attitude
Strong IT skills to include experience at using e-portfolio systems would also be advantageous.
Benefits you will receive within this role are
● Eligible for Company Car or Company Car Allowance
● The option to join the Veolia Pension Scheme
● Access to Veolia Rewards, benefits and discounts
● Free eye testing and money towards glasses if required for work purposes
● 25 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays
Where you’ll work
People development is a national function centred at our dedicated learning facility in the heart of the Midlands. You'll work with a network of creative people across the UK to are dedicated to partnering with the business and providing rewarding and stimulating development to all our employees.
This role is home based, but will require regular travel to key sites around the UK, including but not exhaustive to Wolverhampton, Warrington, Reading and London.
Who is Veolia?
We are the UK leader in Environmental Solutions. We offer services and expertise in waste, water and energy management helping to build a more sustainable future. As a global organisation, our work focuses on delivering simple but innovative solutions to preserving natural resources, reducing pollution and protecting our environment.
We live in a world that needs to take care of its resources, and our mission is to 'Resource the World'. Improving communities and protecting the environment are right at the heart of our business.
It takes more than just words and ambition to achieve this, it takes the daily efforts of thousands of people across the UK to bring it to life. Together our employees make our communities better. They are the resourcers, behind the resources.
Veolia is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or veteran status.