Are you an experienced teacher or recent graduate looking for a new challenge?
We are seeking knowledgeable and experienced English teachers and recent English graduates, to join our forward thinking English team, as we continue to grow our provision in delivering English courses to our 16-18 students, adults and Apprentices.
We are growing our team of specialists to design and deliver English courses, utilising their expert subject knowledge, as well as their experience of delivering high quality teaching, to ensure we continue to provide an outstanding experience for all our students.
Whether you have a background in education or training or are a recent English graduate, if you are dynamic and innovative and enjoy a fast-paced career where you continue to learn and grow, we want to engage with you. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about education and understand the difference they can make to our students lives on a daily basis.
Burnley College is a forward-thinking, commercially-minded, £27 million College within Lancashire, comprising five education and training brands, delivering further and higher education, apprenticeships, commercial training and adult learning programmes.
Our department is passionate about developing English skills for the workforce of today, tomorrow and beyond. Each and every one of us is dedicated to learning and development and the impact that this has on our students, apprentices, employers and the communities we operate in.
Our team inspires and motivates each other to perform at their best and reach their potential.
As a team, we live and breathe our key values.
Above all, we are passionate about our people, our customers, our partners and our communities. We make a difference to thousands of customers each year (comprising students, apprentices and employers). Quite simply, this isn’t our job, it’s our passion.
• Team spirit
We work together as one team. We share ideas and best practices and support each other to be the best we can be. We work hard and we have fun doing it.
• Achievement and aspiration
We recognise and celebrate excellence and proactively seek and share best practice. We encourage ownership and accountability and every member of our team is determined to be masters of their own destiny.
• Innovation and efficiency
We work hard and we work smart. We work together to manage our time efficiently and continually ensure a consistent approach. We maximise the use of technology and innovation and embrace change.
The people we are looking for will have…
• A strong belief in and commitment to the values and purpose of the department and its role in education and training within Lancashire
• The vision and ambition to be an integral part of enhancing our growing curriculum area, ensuring our programmes are high quality, robust and focussed around improving the skills of our students.
• An assured and persuasive communication style with the ability to think strategically and tactically in relation to the development of our curriculum content
• A collaborative working approach to deliver improvements in student recruitment, retention and outcomes
• A strong track record of integrity, resilience, openness and honesty, with a strong and proactive approach to equality, diversity and social mobility throughout the College and beyond
How to apply
If our vision resonates with your passion for the continuation and further development of education in Lancashire, please submit your CV and a covering letter, explaining how you will enhance our outstanding team, to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in further detail, please use the email address above to leave your query and contact details, and a member of the award winning division will contact you.
The salary for this post is up to £39,427.
CVs must be received by 5.00pm on Thursday 19 September 2019 and shortlisted applicants will be contacted with details of the selection process.