The Chalk Hills Academy have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Mathematics to join a flourishing and thriving department from January 2020. This vacancy has arisen due to the internal promotion of the current post holder to the position of Assistant Headteacher. The Chalk Hills Academy are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. Our academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs. Our facilities include a brand new gym with new equipment from April 2019 which is available for staff to use after school hours.
The successful Director of Mathematics will have good interpersonal skills, be able to collaborate with colleagues, flexibility and enjoy working as part of a team. You will build on existing good practice to raise standards, strengthen partnerships, and ensure our Trust is well supported to deliver an excellent education to the children and young people of the community.
As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of driven and ambitious teachers that join us and have been given excellent CPD and developmental opportunities that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Chalk Hills Academy!
Visits are warmly welcomed.
1. To play an active role in the development of the mathematics curriculum providing specific expertise and guidance and lead on the delivery of mastery programmes and the KS3/4/5 curriculum.
2. Be accountable for the learning and achievement of all students studying mathematics at The Chalk Hills Academy.
3. To liaise with subject colleagues and TLR holders at The Chalk Hills Academy to support strategic development, share good practice and plan collaborative activities.
4. To ensure that The Chalk Hills Academy is represented positively locally, regionally and nationally within any educational context.
• Start date: January 2020
• Salary: L9 – L11 - £48,687 - £51,234 + up to £2,000 for Recruitment and Retention of an exceptional candidate
• Job Role: Full time, Permanent
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
• £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
• You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
• Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
• All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
• Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
• Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
• Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “Together with your leadership team, governors and the trust you have established high expectations for behaviour, teaching and achievement.
Leaders have made sure that strategies are in place which have led to improvements in the quality of teaching, learning, assessment and the curriculum. Leaders have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour. Leaders work well with staff to ensure that the school is typically a calm, orderly and purposeful environment.” Ofsted May 2018
Teacher Testimonial: “Moving from Industry to Teaching was a daunting yet exciting experience; I joined Stockwood Park Academy as an instructor to see if teaching was for me, and have never looked back! The seamless transition into education was exciting, demanding, and the best decision I made. Like many teachers at the school, my role has evolved and I have been fortunate enough to work across the Trust in different positions. The Trust has provided me with multiple opportunities to grow and develop. I now work as an Assistant Principal at The Chalk Hills Academy, with a focus on The Teaching Trust, Admissions and Science. I feel extremely privileged to be working for an organisation that inspires learning, growth, confidence and creativity, and challenges students to rise to their full potential in a warm and caring environment.” – Mrs Jabbar, Assistant Principal
Closing Date: 4 October 2019 at 12pm Interviews: w/c 7 October 2019
Please read the information in this pack. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply online today via our career site on https://www.mynewterm.com/trust/The-Shared-Learning-Trust/135337
We look forward to hearing from you!