Assistant Principal: Quality and Standards (LTE Group)
Location: Primarily based at Northenden & Openshaw campuses (but required to work across The Manchester College campuses and occasionally travel to other parts of LTE Group estate)
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
Salary Description: £60,232 - £67,048
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the central Quality Team at LTE Group. LTE Group is the first integrated education and skills group of its kind and is made up of a number of business units: The Manchester College, Novus, UCEN Manchester, Total People and MOL. The Quality Team is a shared service across the LTE Group and supports all business units.
Based within the Quality Team, you will work closely with the Vice Principal: Quality and Standards and will oversee quality across three of our business units: The Manchester College, Total People and MOL.
Amongst wider responsibilities, you will:
• Be a leading advocate for teachers/trainers and learners and ensure consistently high quality teaching, learning and assessment is our first priority.
• Oversee the strategic and operational effectiveness of quality assurance and quality improvement processes for The Manchester College, Total People and MOL.
• Lead the implementation of quality systems across the provision to drive up quality in all delivery locations, providing expertise, rigorous evaluation, directing improvements and ensuring good practice is shared effectively.
• Have senior lead responsibility for CPD designed to improve the quality and impact of teaching, training, learning and assessment.
• Provide clear direction and co-ordination of group quality team effectiveness and impact through direct line management of a number of quality managers and advanced practitioners.
• Deputise for the Vice Principal: Quality and Standards as and when required.
The right person for the role will have:
• A recognised teaching qualification.
• A degree level qualification, a Masters’ degree is desirable.
• A management qualification.
• Numeracy and literacy skills (to at least level 2 or equivalent).
• At least 5 years’ successful teaching experience across several of the following types of provision: vocational (FE), academic (FE), high needs, higher education, work-based learning, distance / online learning, prison education.
• At least five years’ experience of successfully managing and improving quality in an educational and/or training environment.
• The ability to assess training needs and design targeted training programmes for teachers and trainers.
• The ability to reliably evaluate the quality of provision, interpret complex data accurately and write high quality, high level reports and papers.
LTE Group delivers education and training in a large number of sites based across the country. However, this role will largely be based in Manchester with a limited amount of travel to other LTE Group sites.
Working for the LTE Group is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help change lives and to make a real difference to the people who learn with us.
Please visit https://www.ltegroup.co.uk/careers to download and submit an application form and CV.
If you want to discuss the post prior to applying, please provide your contact number with an indication of availability to John Evans, Vice Principal: Quality & Standards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Wednesday 18 September
Interview Date: Wednesday 25 September
The LTE Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.