Craven College is an aspirational College set in safe, friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. We continuously invest in our excellent industry standard facilities to support and enhance studies.
We are currently recruiting a part time Lecturer in Joinery to deliver a defined range of units/modules to meet curriculum requirements and quality assurance procedures. The post holder will be required to prepare for and teach on a range of courses to full and/or part-time students within relevant curriculum areas; develop and improve appropriate teaching and learning materials to support curriculum delivery including flexible learning programmes; develop and carry out appropriate assessment of students’ work, in accordance with College and awarding body standards and be involved in internal verification and/or moderation if required; promote, develop and evaluate a range of provision within the curriculum area; keep abreast of new developments in the field and evaluate new approaches to curriculum delivery ant to be responsible for marking and monitoring students progress throughout the programmes of study.
The successful candidate will have:
• Degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant subject area;
• Vocational experience in Joinery;
• Current teaching qualification to Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training/PGCE/Cert Ed (or working towards);
• Qualified to Level 2 (GCSE Grade A*-C or equivalent) in English and maths (or willing to work towards completion within a specified time frame);
• Recent relevant experience of teaching to a high standard in the FE sector, including 14-16 age range;
• Good administrative skills with the ability to maintain accurate and relevant records in line with quality procedures;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and organisational skills;
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website www.craven-college.ac.uk/jobs
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.
Salary Grade V Teaching rate £22.44 per hour
Grade IV Teaching rate £30.58 per hour
Location Craven College, Skipton, North Yorkshire
Closing date Sunday 22 September 2019