Craven College is an aspirational College set in safe, friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. We continuously invest in our excellent industry standard facilities to support and enhance studies.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Director of Business and Community Development, to contribute to the Senior Management Team in the management of the College towards the achievement of its strategic goals and objectives. To be responsible for the provision of excellent standards and quality of service to business clients, the community and other stakeholders, enhancing the College’s reputation and developing links with external organisations within the framework of the College’s strategic plan. To manage and direct the activities of Tyro Training, Apprenticeship Team and the Projects Team in order to maximise financial contribution to the College and meet quality standards.
Key skills, knowledge and experience:
• Ability to lead and direct teams in developing pro-active and responsive services which meet business, community and customer needs
• Knowledge and experience of managing the following areas – delivering income and output targets, whist driving quality improvement of provision and audit compliance:
o Adult Education Budget funded activity -predominantly focussed on delivering part-time adult learning, but overseeing college budget wider activity (Essential)
o Apprenticeships –Working knowledge of the challenges posed by reformation of funding, Standards and EPA (Essential)
o Subcontracting – including adult education budget and pre-May 2017 apprenticeship starts (Essential)
o Externally funded project activity – can include ESF/ESFA financed, ESF/National Lottery, Erasmus+ (Desirable)
• Evidence of managing and delivering challenging income targets across team delivery, identifying and securing new sources of income (including commercial opportunities and bid writing) and maintaining clear forecasts to support College accounts
• Experience of working in partnership and developing collaborative activity with employers and community groups to expand the college’s delivery portfolio, ensure provision meets economic needs and enhance the College’s reputation
• Drive forward projects with cross-college teams relevant to remit including: Collaborative system improvement (e.g. online enrolment, Tyro web integration with CRM), Institute of Technology provision, Cohesive employer engagement to support T-levels
For further information, including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website www.craven-college.ac.uk/jobs
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.
Salary £48,000 per annum
Location Craven College, Skipton, North Yorkshire
Closing date Sunday 22 September 2019