Specialist Learning Support Assistant
• Hours: 18.5 hours per week, term time only, 40 weeks per year.
• Salary: £7,445 - £7,866 per annum (actual salary)
• Location: Castleford Campus, West Yorkshire.
We’re looking for Specialist Learning Support Assistants with drive and enthusiasm who have direct experience of working with and motivating students. If you would like to work in an educational setting and you are caring, patient and student-centred, then supporting our students with learning difficulties and / or disabilities may be the post for you. You must have a flexible approach to working hours and a willingness to travel between our campus sites.
What we are looking for:
• Experience of working with students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities in an education setting
• An awareness of the 2014 SEND reforms (Special Educational Needs and
• Enthusiasm and commitment to all tasks undertaken
• A minimum of GCSE grades 9 - 4 / A*- C in Maths and English, or equivalent, for example Functional Skills L2
• Level 2 qualification relevant to specialist learner support
Wakefield College offers a range of benefits and you will be joining a dedicated team of professionals within the Additional Learning Support area. This is also an ideal role if you have thought about stepping into teaching and would like to support students with their studies.
Closing date: Monday 16 September 2019.
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.