Deputy Principal and Regional Lead for Orchard Hill College
Location: Wyvern House, Uxbridge, UB8 2XN
Salary: £64,193 to £85,099 per annum inclusive of London Weighting Allowance
Hours: Full Time, All Year Round
Orchard Hill College is a specialist college offering educational opportunities leading to great outcomes, for students over 16 years old with a range of special needs, and we have an exciting opportunity for a driven and motivated individual to join our team.
Based within the Senior Leadership Team, you will work closely with the Principal and will lead and manage the Heads of Centres and Work Placement Managers with a particular focus on ensuring high quality teaching and learning to benefit our students, training and upskilling the staff team.
• Deputise effectively for the Principal as required
• Be the Designated Safeguarding Lead for the College
• Liaise with Local Authorities to build relationships and facilitate enrolments
• Promote the work of the College and OHC&AT, in order to maintain its high reputation as an outstanding provider of education and destinations for learning in SEND
• Oversee continuous improvement of the curriculum ensuring that the teaching, learning and assessment remains ‘outstanding’
The right person for the role will have;
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Significant experience of working in a specialist School/College sector
• Successful experience of leadership
• The ability to demonstrate strong practitioner skills, and have confidence in supporting challenging behaviours and curriculum innovation
• Experience of managing work-based programmes such as traineeships and apprenticeships
We have Centres across London and Surrey where we aim to be as close to our students’ local communities as possible. This enables our students to build a network of people who appreciate what they can offer during and after their time at College. The College offers a range of vocational programmes including Workstart and traineeships. The College has an apprenticeship contract and delivers apprenticeships in Supporting Teaching and Learning and Health Care Support.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and fast-paced culture with a supportive management team and great career opportunities, please contact Kelly Phillips, Principal at KPhillips@orchardhill.ac.uk to arrange a visit to a centre.
Please visit https://orchardhill.ac.uk/vacancies/ to download an application form. Please send your completed application form to email@example.com.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing date: 5pm on Wednesday 18th September
Interview Date: Wednesday 25th September
Orchard Hill College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.