Derwentside College is one of the top performing colleges in the Country for its student achievement and satisfaction. With a turnover of £12million, employing 150 staff and running 200+ courses, we are leading the way in delivering a diverse range of services to learners and employers.
The College is governed by a Board which is responsible for its strategic development. The Clerk to the Board is a key element in supporting the Board to achieve this function.
Due to the retirement of the Clerk, we are now seeking to appoint a proactive and highly organised Governance Professional to become our new Clerk.
The Clerk’s Role includes:
• Providing effective administrative support, including arranging meetings, preparing agendas and taking and distributing minutes;
• Ensuring the Board follows Further Education and Corporate Governance good practice and regulations;
• Providing advice and guidance to the Chair, the Board and the Executive Team.
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills;
• The ability to develop and maintain good working relationships, particularly with the Chair, the Board Members and the Executive Team;
• The ability to work independently, flexibly and organise their own time whilst working to strict deadlines.
The successful candidate will also have to:
• Be IT knowledgeable;
• Meet all Public Service standards;
• Undertake an Enhanced Disclosure Check.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
• Working hours will be on a flexible basis of circa 10 hours per week at an agreed pro rata rate.
Please contact the current Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information regarding the role.
To apply for this role, you will need to submit a C.V. and a statement of no more than 500 words, outlining your suitability for the role, taking into account the main duties outlined in the advert. Please send your C.V. and application statement, clearly marked with the job title to email@example.com by the deadline of Monday 16th September 2019.