37.5 hours per week 9am until 5:30pm, Monday to Friday. Including time for study and, or classes. Pro-rata working hours possible
Total hours per week:
Possible start date:
As soon as possible
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Summary of Position: Provide administrative support to the executive management team, finance Officer, sales executive team and associated office-based administration
To assist with the day to day running of the office through general office administration and data entry including:
• Answer telephone calls from switchboard, transferring calls internally.
• Ensure that post is checked, then franked and, or posted and sent in a timely fashion
• Order stationery and inks for printers from approved suppliers
• Assist Event Manager with collation of client materials and registration for Lsect Events and conferences.
• Assist Event Manager with client ticket bookings online
• Banking of cheque payments received in the office
• Adding remittances for customer payments to QuickBooks
• Accounts Receivable: send statements, copy invoices and liaise with customers to facilitate timely payment of invoices
• Manage the weekly term-time mail out of FE Week and Schools Week Publications, ensuring that addressing, infills, packaging and postage are prepared in advance and papers are sent to clients on time
• Manage Schools Week and FE Week subscriptions and databases
• Upload classified advertisements to live Education week jobs website for clients
• Note majority of functions are shared with mentor, the Office Administrator.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post-holder will be expected to participate in this process and we would aim to reach agreement on any changes.
Requirements and prospects
Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Possessing excellent communication skills, face to face, written and verbal
Having a positive personality as well as being confident and outgoing
Comfortable with working in fast paced environment
GCSE (or equivalent) at grade A to C 9-4 in maths and English or Functional Skills E3 maths and English.
Upon the successful completion of the apprenticeship a possible permanent position may be offered if there is a business need. The offer will be based on past performance and time keeping.