Do you have a passion for your subject specialism (of Business/Computing) and can pass on your knowledge and support our learners to gain their career critical qualifications? We are looking for colleagues who get excited by writing and delivering engaging schemes of work helping students be actively involved in learning both practically and theoretically.
You will join a friendly team who are all committed to inspiring our learners to ensure they are ready for their next career step, so preparing your students for different assessments including class tests, examinations and coursework will be an essential part of your role.
• Experience of teaching, training or mentoring learners
• The ability to evaluate, assess and give feedback
• The ability to produce high quality schemes of work, lesson plans and be willing to work with peers to share and engage with best practice approaches
• A Level 5 Teaching Qualification (or the commitment to gain this qualification)
• A relevant Computing or Business linked Degree or significant industry experience
• A Level 2 English and Maths (or equivalent)
• Knowledge of Pearson BTEC qualifications is highly desirable
The qualifications stated above are purely a guide. We will consider candidates that fall outside of these requirements if you can strongly demonstrate the required competencies with a willingness to get stuck into doing your Teaching qualifications with us.
Swindon College prides itself in offering opportunities for Learners who may have been overlooked by the mainstream. We love what we do passionately, and who we do it for. Our approach puts the Learner first through delivering differentiated teaching, encouraging a growth mindset and supporting our Learners to overcome obstacles to achieve success.
There will be career opportunities with us as we grow, as excitingly, the College has secured a £21 million bid for Government-backed Institute of Technology funding. In partnership with the University of Gloucestershire (and other local anchor partners), we are committed to delivering a step-change in the availability of high quality professional and technical education for our community.
To support you, we offer mentorship, strong professional supervision, and a truly supportive peer network ready to assist you to achieve.
• Self-directed highly flexible working hours to support your work/life balance
• Access to the market leading Teacher Pension Scheme
• 47 days annual leave (inclusive of discretionary and bank holidays)
• Wellbeing support including access to our market leading Employee Benefits Platform, free access to on-site gym facilities, eye care voucher schemes and dental plan
• On-site parking and subsidised restaurant, Costa & Starbucks
How to apply:
Click on our link and apply via our website at https://swindoncollege.careers.eteach.com. If you are unable to apply on line or require further information please email email@example.com or call 01793 491591.
Closing date: 25th July 2019
Interview: 1st August 2019
An Application Form must be submitted if you wish to be considered for this post. Please note this vacancy may close sooner if sufficient applications have been received so please apply as soon as possible.
Swindon College is committed to embedding a culture which values diversity and ensures equality of opportunity. We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and promote the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, applicants and customers to share this commitment.
This role is likely to involve working with under 18’s and/or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and our receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.