Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for aLecturer in Marine Engineering to join their team. Working on a full time, permanent basis you will receive a competitive salary of £22,115 to £36,119 depending on skills and experience.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 3,000 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
The Lecturer in Marine Engineering Role:
- Teach on courses as agreed with the Head of Curriculum across Marine Engineering, to reflect the needs of the department
- Act as a Personal Tutor to students, full time students/pre cadets
- Work closely with other colleagues to respond to the needs of full time students, apprentices and pre- Cadets.
- Prepare and mark student work, monitor progress towards individual targets, keep records and provide timely reports
- Work closely with other colleagues to respond to the needs of full time students, apprentices and pre-cadets
- Pay due attention to the principles of inclusive learning
- Contribute to the design, delivery and future planning and development of the curriculum.
- Contribute to the teaching/learning resource bank f and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of developments
- Develop and maintain effective external links related to the delivery of the subject/course and represent the College
- Organise and participate in relevant visits, boat shows, ship visits, and liaise with external organisations
Key skills, responsibilities and attitudes required as our Lecturer in Marine Engineering include:
- Class 2 Certificate of Competency/
- Qualification in Marine Engineering or Royal Navy Equivalent
- Merchant Navy Officer/ sea time on Cargo/Cruise ships or Super Yachts
- Ability to teach young adults
- Able to manage learners and learning effectively
- Able to develop effective learning resources
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of cadets.
- Knowledge and understanding of current developments in the relevant curriculum emphasis on the Merchant Navy
- Knowledge of appropriate health and safety requirements and associated regulations
- Evidence of working towards and achieving personal targets
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Able to handle pressure and a range of demands
- Supportive and positive approach to teaching
- Ability to use Information Learning Technology and other IT applications
Benefits as our Lecturer in Marine Engineering will include:
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 37 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff) and an option to purchase further leave through our Annual - Leave Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
Closing date: 28th July 2019
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Lecturer in Marine Engineering role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.