Conflict Resolution Co-ordinator
Salary: L6 - £22,328 to £24,582 (pro rata)
Full time – Permanent – 39 Weeks - September 2019 start
Do you enjoy working with children?
Do you have the skills to resolve problems and handle conflict situations with young adults?
Are you passionate about promoting Anti-Bullying and Anti-Racism?
If the answer is yes to these questions, The Stockwood Park Academy would love to hear from you!
The Stockwood Park Academy are seeking to appoint a Conflict Resolution Co-ordinator to work in support of and liaise with the Whole School Behaviour Lead / Head of Years ensuring that the quality of support and intervention meets the needs of each student.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Be responsible for investigating all incidents of fighting, bullying and other conflict situations between individual students or groups of students.
• Discuss all incidents with the relevant Head of Year or Whole School Behaviour Lead to decide suitable actions and sanctions
• Work directly with the victim(s) and perpetrator(s)
• Pro-actively promote the Academy’s anti-bullying and anti-racism policy
The successful candidate will:
• Be educated to Level 3 qualifications or higher
• Have demonstrable experience of working effectively with vulnerable children/young people in either education, social work, youth work or another related area of work
• Have extensive experience of working effectively with the parents/carers of children/young people
• Have demonstrable knowledge of the principles involved in giving advice and guidance to children/young people including the place of confidentiality
• Have knowledge of the responsibilities of agencies towards vulnerable children
• Have demonstrable knowledge of the range of additional support / agencies which can be of assistance to vulnerable pupils/students and families
• Have the ability to write action plans and other short reports as required
• Have the ability to motivate children/young people by establishing supportive working relationships
• Have the ability to use word processing packages and the internet
• Be able to travel to meet work commitments in all parts of Luton
• Be able to work flexibly and attend evening and early morning meetings (up to 5 per month)
• Start Date: September 2019
• Salary: Level 6 points 21 – 25, Actual pro rata £22,328 - £24,582
• Job Role: Full time, Permanent, Term-time only
Why work for The Stockwood Park Academy:
• £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms
• You will be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
• A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
• Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programmes
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
• You will be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in for many subject areas
• Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
• All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
Closing Date: Friday 9th August at 12pm
Interviews: Wednesday 21st August 2019
Please read the information in this pack. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply online today via our career site on https://www.mynewterm.com/trust/The-Shared-Learning-Trust/135337
We look forward to hearing from you!