Come and join Oldham College on its journey to becoming a “Great Place to Learn and Work” and be part of our exciting changes in the Faculty of Maths!
We are looking for experienced higher level Teaching Assistants in Mathematics to work in our growing department. If you want to help to develop innovative teaching and learning strategies to enable our students to achieve their highest potential then Oldham College is for you.
We are looking for:
Higher Level Teaching Assistants to support Maths (£16,939 - £20,164pa).
There has never been a more exciting time to join Oldham College on its journey to becoming “A Great Place to Learn and Work”. We are a local college with a reputation for dynamism and success as well as the provision of high-level education and training at our heart.
We embrace and encourage all those who are driven to better themselves, achieve their goals and reach new heights. Excellent resources combined with exceptional tutors and student support means that whatever your ambition, we can help you to achieve it.
The college is widely regarded as one of the most improved colleges, based on students’ feedback, qualification achievement results (QAR) and reputation. Each year approximately 2750 young people choose to continue their studies with us, as a full-time student or as an apprentice; a further 600 choose to undertake a university-level qualification with us, and we also educate around 1000 adult students. Overall, we have around 5,500 full-time students in the College and 600 at our higher education site, University Campus Oldham (UCO).
JOINING OUR JOURNEY
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
• Generous Pension Scheme
• Employee Assistance Scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
• Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
• Free confidential counselling service
• Staff recognition awards
• Subsidised car parking
• On-site Day Nursery
• On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role you will:
• Inspire, challenge and support others to enable them to achieve more than they thought possible
• Be an outstanding teaching assistant and role model for all
• Nurture a culture of professional development that is integrated seamlessly in everyday practice
• Be bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards
• Drive Oldham College’s vision and expectations to have a significant impact on students’ life chances
You must have a minimum of a Grade B/6 in GCSE Mathematics and experience of working in a support/mentoring. AS/A Level Maths or a Degree is Maths is also desirable, in addition to experience of working within the FS sector.
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
To apply for this vacancy please either click "Apply Now" to apply via the college website or please email an up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of 24th July midday.