Job Title Youth Coach
Location: Covering the Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough area
Working Hours: 8.30 am to 5.00 pm OR 9.00 am to 5.30 pm
1 hour lunch
Monday to Friday
37.5 hours per week
Reports to: Programme Manager
Contract Type: Fixed term
Salary Band: £24,000 to £28,000 with OTE
Purpose of Job
The post holder will be employed on the ESF ESFA Greater Cambridge and Greater Cambridge NEETs/ Pre NEETs Project 2019 - 2021 and any other projects as required. There may be the opportunity of an extension to 2023 upon successful performance and funding being available.
You will be responsible for supporting NEET and Pre-NEET individuals through a programme of mentoring and training in order to move them into education, employment or training. By providing effective Information, Advice & Guidance (IAG) to individuals, you will help them build an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) that will support their individual needs and coach them through their programme of activity while addressing any identified barriers to progression.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
• Working alongside the Schools & Community Liasison Officer, the marketing team and the Programme Manager, you will help to identify individiuals who can be supported on the programme.
• Recruit individuals on to the programme by forming sustained relationships with key stakeholders such as local authorities and county councils
• Carry out IAG sessions for participants identifying barriers to education and employment.
• Put together ILPs for participants identifying appropriate training and support to help them realise their short-term, medium term and long term goals.
• Support individuals on programme addressing their needs using support services and partners were applicable so they progress into employmenmt, education or training.
• Deliver Employability Skills supporting participants with writing CVs, Interview Techniques, Job Searching skills and Social Media.
• Support participants in registering and searching the Appreticeship Vacancy site.
• Support participants looking for volunteering opportuntieis within their communities.
• Show participants how to map their competencies to job opportunities when searching for jobs.
• Carry out regular reviews with individuals and update their ILPs to ensure they are receiving the right support, training and guidance while on programme.
• Work closely with the team to ensure that opportunities for employment, education and training are offered as a progression route to participants
• Manage your own diary effectively to maximise your caseload taking into account the local areas you will be working in.
• Ensure your diary is full up through effective telephone engagement and other marketing to bring in new relationships and new participants onto programme
• Hold a manageable caseload of participants
• Prepare and submit up to date caseload notes of all participants with identified actions to help support them through their programme.
• Monitor and maintain appropriate paperwork and records of progress
• Actively participate in continuous improvement and self-assessments and the implementation of subsequent action plans
• Meet agreed contract targets to ensure that revenue is secured
• Complete all required documentation accurately and within agreed timescales to ensure that contract requirements are met and funding is maximised
• Work alongside the Quality Assurance team to ensure that delivery meets the high expectations of TCHC
• Any safeguarding issues are raised accordingly in line with TCHC’s Safeguarding Policy
• Any complaints are raised accordingly in line with TCHC’s Complaints Policy
• Take a proactive approach to ensure Prevent and Safeguarding is embedded well into the delivery teams and in posters on classrooms before any engagement happens with learners, and through the programme of delivery.
• Prepare for and attend monthly caseload review meetings with your line manager
• Act as an ambassador for TCHC Ltd at all times, providing key information to all parties involved within the learner journey
• Actively ensure own CPD is kept up to date
• In addition, the post holder may be asked to carry out other reasonable duties, appropriate to their experience, qualifications and level.
Note: These duties are a guide to the work the post holder will initially be required to undertake. Amendments may be made from time to time as the role evolves and to meet changing circumstances and these do not form part of the contract of employment.
How to Apply
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or post to HR Team, TCHC, 2nd Floor, 21 Station Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17 1AP.