Post Part time Lecturer in Nail Technology
Hours Variable hours
Salary Grade V Teaching rate £22.44 per hour
Location Tyro Training, Skipton, North Yorkshire
Closing date Tuesday 18 June 2019
Tyro Training is the commercial training division of Craven College, an aspirational College set in safe, friendly and inclusive campuses in the North of England. With training centres in both Skipton and Scarborough, we have the flexibility to offer training, consultancy and support to businesses and individuals across the whole of North & West Yorkshire with the utilisation of our outstanding trainers who possess a wide range of industry experience at the highest level.
We are currently recruiting for a skilled and creative Lecturer in Nail Technology based at our Skipton campus to deliver a defined range of units/modules to meet curriculum requirements and quality assurance procedures. The role will involve preparing for and teaching on a range of courses to full and/or part-time students within relevant curriculum areas; developing and improving appropriate teaching and learning materials to support curriculum delivery including flexible learning programmes; developing and carrying out appropriate assessment of students’ work, in accordance with College and awarding body standards and be involved in internal verification and/or moderation if required; keeping abreast of new developments in the field and evaluate new approaches to curriculum delivery; being responsible for marking and monitoring students progress throughout the programmes of study;
The successful candidate will:
• Hold a Level 3 or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant subject area;
• Have a current teaching qualification to Level 3 Education and Training (or working towards);
• Have vocational experience in Nail Technology; must have relevant experience of working within the industry and be competent and current in all aspects of acrylic nails and a trade test will be required.
• Have recent relevant experience of teaching to a high standard in the FE sector, including 19+ age range;
• Show enthusiasm, passion and desire to teach others the skills involved with Nail Technology;
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website www.craven-college.ac.uk/jobs.
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.