Post Part time Lecturer in Counselling
Hours Variable hours
Salary Grade V Teaching rate £22.44 per hour
Location Tyro Training, Skipton, North Yorkshire
Closing date Tuesday 18 June 2019
Tyro Training is the commercial training division of Craven College, an aspirational College set in safe, friendly and inclusive campuses in the North of England. With training centres in both Skipton and Scarborough, we have the flexibility to offer training, consultancy and support to businesses and individuals across the whole of North & West Yorkshire with the utilisation of our outstanding trainers who possess a wide range of industry experience at the highest level.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated Lecturer in Counselling based at our Skipton campus. The main purpose of the role is to teach a range of accredited and non-accredited adult courses in Counselling and includes preparing for and teaching on a range of courses to full and/or part-time students within relevant curriculum areas; developing and improving appropriate teaching and learning materials to support curriculum delivery including flexible learning programmes; developing and carrying out appropriate assessment of students’ work, in accordance with College and awarding body standards and be involved in internal verification and/or moderation if required;
The successful candidate will:
• Possess a degree or equivalent professional qualification in Psychology
• Possess a post graduate diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
• Possess or currently working towards or BACP accreditation
• Possess a teaching qualification to Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training/PGCE/Cert Ed (or working towards);
• Have recent relevant experience of teaching level 3 or above to a high standard in the FE sector
• Use person centred or relational therapy core approach
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website www.craven-college.ac.uk/jobs
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.