WE VALUE TEACHERS
We are a leading education provider in the South-East. Formed in 2017 through a partnership between East Berkshire College and Strode’s College, we employ over 600 professional and dedicated staff. We have three main colleges with exceptional facilities, conveniently located in Langley, Windsor and Egham, close to public transport and motorway links.
In 2018 we introduced a new established teaching contract which values teachers who want to excel- it offers teachers an enhanced salary scale and increased, excellent holiday entitlement that reflects school holidays.
We are looking for talented leaders who care about teaching and the difference it makes to people’s lives and can value, support and develop our teachers to be outstanding.
Head of English and Maths
If you are an experienced and qualified teaching professional, with an understanding of the English and Maths curriculum, we are interested in hearing from you.
The role will provide strategic direction, effective leadership and exceptional management for our English and Maths department.
You will deliver high quality, innovative teaching to continually raise standards of learning and achievement for all learners in both GCSE and functional skills and to meet the needs of our learners, effectively embedding English and Maths into vocational teaching sessions.
You will be required to teach so you will need to be able to demonstrate your teaching of either GCSE English or Mathematics.
The following vacancy represents a significant opportunity for those that wish to further develop their career in FE and have a passion and aptitude for leading teaching, training and assessing. The role is based at our Langley College campus which specialises in technical, apprenticeships and higher education courses.
Contract type: Permanent role
Salary: Up to £43,624 per annum depending on qualifications and experience
Our staff benefit from:
• Excellent work/life balance with generous holiday entitlement - Heads of Department work 200 days a year with up to 52 non-working days plus bank holidays.
• Excellent career progression opportunities for ambitious staff
• Subsidised professional qualifications
• Access to excellent defined benefit pension schemes
• Free on-site parking
• Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loans
• Family friendly policies to support Work Life Balance
• NUS cards offering a wide range of discounts
• Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling and discounted hair and beauty treatments at The Salon at Langley College
Closing Date: Midday 24th June 2019*
Selection process including interviews: week commencing 1st July 2019.
Please apply at https://www.windsor-forest.ac.uk/jobs-a-careers.html
*Applications will be shortlisted on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to interview and appoint at that point. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment).