Big Creative Training (BCT) job specification
Adult education budget - programme manager
Big Creative Training is a well-established and expanding creative industry training provider with a long track record of delivering positive outcomes for learners. Our mission is to improve the lives of young people through high quality training and creative industry experiences.
We have more than 400 young people per year going through our vocational training programmes including apprenticeships, and they all take qualifications in maths and English. We have great industry links and work with over 100 creative sector employers and SMEs.
We have recently been successful in our bid for adult education contract in London and we are therefore now looking for an outstanding Adult Education Budget (AEB) programme manager to join our team based in Walthamstow, East London.
You will need to have a strong understanding of the adult education budget and skills policy and funding. You are likely to have experience of operational or strategic delivery of adult education from either a college, provider or agency perspective. Equally you will understand how investment in skills can deliver local and regional ambitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to build a new area of provision from the ground up, within a successful and supportive framework. Candidates will have maths and English at GCSE grade “C” or above, and will be educated to degree level with evidence of outstanding practice working in a similar environment.
• Work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
• Champion the organisational values of respect, resilience, integrity, independence and kindness
• Lead on BCT’s AEB programme including developing the new models for delivery
• Effectively manage and monitor impact and performance delivery to the outstanding standards required by BCT and the funding agencies and Ofsted underinned by clear and accurate reporting
• Ensure that contracts and programmes are operated profitability and achieve volume and financial targets
• Provide strong leadership, support and guidance to ensure that staff are enthusiastic, have high expectations, and support learner progress in delivering their employment and vocational skills
• Responsibility for the performance management of AEB subcontracted provision. To include programme support and guidance, performance, financial and volume targets, quality and audit compliance
• Identify emerging trends, developments and research that are relevant to the programme and ensure that delivery is at the cutting edge of best practice
• Develop strong working relationships with funding agencies and regional / national networks of organisations delivering AEB
• Passionate about the opportunities afforded by the AEB to positively influence the lives of our learners
• A positive role model who leads by example and models the organisational values in their everyday life and work
• Confident and assertive with excellent leadership skills
• Ability to inspire, challenge and lead staff and learners
• Great team player and able to work on own initiative as required
• Able to relate to, and develop relationships with, staff and learners
• A common sense approach and a range of life experiences
• Experience of working in the creative industries is desired but not essential
• Extremely organised and able to manage own work load effectively
• Highly motivated and driven to succeed in a rewarding environment
Benefits of working for BCT
• Company pension and healthcare cashback scheme
• Supportive and developmental environment with an innovative approach to education
• Be part of a successful and expanding organisation
Salary and days of work
• This is a full time position paid at £45000
• We offer 22 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (30 in total)
• The start date will be in August 2019 – exact date is open to discussion
How to apply
For an informal conversation about the role please call Alexis Michaelides on 07770 601 142
If you wish to apply you must complete the application form here by 5pm on 28th June http://www.bigcreative.education/bct-staff-application-form/
To find out more about BCT and our approach to education please see www.bigcreative.education .
Big Creative Training was rated “good” by Ofsted in 2017. You can read the full report here: https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/provider/33/51619
“Leaders and staff successfully ignite young people’s enthusiasm for learning” (Ofsted)