About this job
The Adult College recognised by Ofsted as Grade 2 provider (Dec 2016) serving 1000+ learners within the London Borough of Barking across 2 key campuses and other community venues.
We are seeking to appoint 0.8 enthusiastic and capable Wellbeing and Community Development Managers to our Curriculum Team. Reporting to the Service Manager for Life & Wellbeing, the successful applicant will be responsible for the organisation and delivery of a range of high quality Positive Living, Health & Wellbeing, Enrichment and Family Learning programmes for local residents with a particular focus upon supporting learners to improve their personal development, develop their resilience and support themselves and their families to engage in the wider community.
Positive Living programme comprising Health, Personal Development & Complementary Therapy
Experience of delivering Positive Living, Health & Wellbeing, Personal Development, Complementary Therapy or Family Learning programmes and a strong focus on quality improvement and staff development are essential.
This is a key leadership role within the College and will provide an excellent opportunity to develop the curriculum and drive achievement. You should have management experience and be able to:
• plan and organise a diverse programme including staffing, accommodation and resources
• provide day to day operational management of programmes
• monitor and evaluate programmes ensuring a balance of provision consistent with the needs of the local community
• ensure the quality of the teaching, learning and assessment and drive quality improvement
• lead the development of the curriculum through regular team meetings and CPD
• foster inclusivity and support the embedding of key initiatives such as British Values and the Prevent agenda
• effectively use and manage budgets
• prepare reports and statistical information as required