Do you have the experience and commitment to introduce an international education service to the UK market?
Can you drive a business forward, managing a team of talented individuals while championing a new workplace culture?
Do you have experience of upholding strict regulations while remaining approachable and adaptable?
If so, this might be your chance to grow an esteemed international organisation within the UK! The successful candidate will assume a position of high accountability and must exercise strong leadership skills and a clear-headed approach to business development. Experience of managing finances efficiently is mandatory, as well as an ability to monitor and report on key performance indicators and manage projects simultaneously. This job requires a candidate who is able to recognise excellence and deliver optimum outcomes on a daily basis.
Working within the Education Sector, the successful candidate may have experience of working in Education or within a child-focused environment, foregrounding the safety and development of children.
* Work alongside the CEO and Group Executive Leadership Team in a high-profile position
* Be at the forefront of delivering an innovative workplace culture, empowering staff and ensuring company-wide excellence
* Experience positive outcomes first-hand and share company-wide achievements with a supportive Leadership Team
* Work within a dynamic and fast-paced environment that rewards success
* Establish and maintain a positive working culture and ensure UK employees are performing on target to meet company objectives;
* Ensure under-performance matters are effectively managed and development opportunities are introduced as required
* Ensure workforce retention strategies are effectively applied across all service centres to minimise the need for casual staff;
* Ensure wellbeing initiatives are effectively implemented to improve health and overall workforce participation
* Adopt new work practices where relevant, being open to the benefits of change initiatives
* Ensure that working environments are safe, without risk to the health, safety and wellbeing of employees and children within our care
* Ensure the effective management of work-related injuries, claims and Return to Work plans
* Manage direct reports, monitoring and supporting franchisees to achieve their agreed KPIs.
* Raise the profile of the franchise, serving as the face of the organisation in England and the rest of the UK (excluding Northern Ireland)
* Develop operational strategies to improve customer satisfaction, maximising return on investments and driving continuous improvement
* Monitor expenditure and progress against budget, informing the right people of expenditure and service delivery
* Ensure standardised use of quality and compliance auditing tools in order to achieve the highest nationally-recognised (Ofsted) quality rating
* Improve promotional activity to drive in-service attendance
* Monitor and report on operational performance and any risks associated with program delivery and child safety
Leadership and collaboration:
* Lead and implement the annual business plan, ensuring that growth is sustainable and that quality and safety are always the priority
* Provide leadership and expert advice to the Group CEO and executive leadership team in the areas of primary responsibility
* Lead an operation service delivery model that is scalable, to maximise efficiency
* Lead the implementation of major projects and initiatives, setting strategic objectives that support the overall vision of the business in conjunction with the CEO
* Support activities related to mergers and acquisitions that reduce risk to the business and support a smooth transition process
* A degree qualification in Business, Education or a similar subject, with a potential postgraduate qualification in management
* (Senior) experience working autonomously in a high-growth, multi-country organisation with full P&L accountability
* Experience leading a large, distributed network of teams, ensuring efficiency and managing commercial outcomes
* Proven experience of driving organisational performance and managing change congruent with business objectives
* A track record of delivering improvements, managing profits and loss, and monitoring and reporting within Business
* Experience working and reporting within a highly regulated sector (desirable)
* Capability to lead, engage and communicate across all levels (board, executive, management and service team members) and all customers (regulators, principals, parents and children)
* An understanding of the business's commercial context and the ability to balance commercial incentives with quality childcare outcomes
* The humility to admit mistakes and share achievements with other members of the organisation
* A willingness to listen to others, regardless of their standing in the business, and encourage innovation
* An affiliation with the company's ethos, which promotes an environment where children can 'learn through play'
Do you have the necessary skills and character traits for this job? If you're a determined and level-headed individual with a passion for pioneering new ventures and maximising profits while delivering a quality service, apply today by emailing your CV to email@example.com or calling +44(0)7423186662.
The deadline for all applications is Friday 26th April 2019.
BA Hons (QTS)