Head of Early Years
Required: August 2019
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Experience: 3 Years Post Qualification
Sponsorship: Single or married applicants with up to 2 dependants up to Yr9
Salary: Monthly Salary up to 16,000 MYR plus Accommodation allowance and annual flight package.
Contract: 2 years renewable
School Vision / Ethos: This is a newly acquired school within a well established Group. The school will operate the CIE curriculum and is English-medium skills. The students will represent both local and expatriate communities. The Group are looking for dedicated professionals, a holding post-graduate degrees in their areas of specialisation. Their involvement in coaching and co-curricular activities provides a nurturing environment for students to excel in the arts, sport, student government and community service learning and participation. The campus is currently being modernised, enabling students numerous opportunities for growth in the classroom, on the sports field and in the gym, as well as on the performing stage.
You will be supporting a forming school, in conjunction with the Section, Academic Heads and Academic team, you will be meeting the School Development Plan, ensuring its effective implementation. Your role will include but not be limited to:
* Collaborate with the Section Heads for conducting a SWOT analysis for the school.
* In conjunction with the Section Heads, Academic Head and Academic team at RO and Regional Director, prepare a School Development Plan (SDP) and ensure its effective implementation.
* Increase admission rate through promotional and marketing initiatives.
* Monitor industry trends to enable effective benchmarking and learning from industry best practices.
* Ensure development of up to date and accurate business intelligence on competitors and operating environment.
* Build and maintain contacts with current and prospective customers.
* Actively participate and ensure staff participation in parent-teacher meetings and other community groups, as a means of developing understanding, cooperation, and respect for school objectives and endeavours.
* Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and entities to ensure smooth running of the school.
* Accept corporate responsibility for decisions made and ensure that those decisions are implemented.
* Ensure collection of all receivables in a timely manner.
* Relate the educational objectives of the school to instructional practices that yield the highest standards of student learning outcomes.
* Implementation and monitoring of the school's learning policy.
* Develop new academic and interscholastic programmes and track data related to the success of such programmes.
* Recognise and seek alternative learning solutions for students with behavioural or learning needs.
* Work in close coordination with the academic team at RO to ensure that the school is meeting the required educational standards.
* Coordinate with the school academic team to prepare for Regulator Evaluations/Regional Evaluation Team.
* Oversee the procedure for the production of Schemes of Work and monitor the working standards of the academic team.
* Evaluate effectiveness of the curricula to provide feedback to the Head of Education.
* Where applicable, ensure coordination with CIE for the processing of annual IGCSE results and remain available on result days for dissemination of results.
* Continually evaluate existing programmes and practices, curriculum content and piloting of experimental programmes.
* Act as the administrative head of the school to ensure timely dissemination of information to all concerned people/channels and ensure smooth running of school.
* Determine annual staffing requirements necessary and liaise with HR (RO) for the timely fulfilment of the same.
* Ensure the effective administration of school examinations.
* Evaluate periodically and ensure the school's adherence to health, safety and civil codes.
* Ensure repair and maintenance of school's infrastructure.
* Interview, train, coach and provide professional learning to all staff members from custodians to teachers.
* Ensure the provision of orientation to new teaching staff and provide them with opportunities for giving input in academic programmes.
* Professional development of staff including, but not limited to, supervision and performance appraisal of school staff.
You should have a minimum of two years post qualifying experience and should have a qualification in Early Years, together with being able to evidence leadership and curriculum design experience. Ideally you will have worked previously in an international context. You should have a friendly and approachable disposition with excellent communication skills.
You will be offered a monthly salary ranging of up to 16,000MYR per month plus a generous accommodation allowance of 1500MYR per month. You will receive annual flights, medical cover and an end of contract bonus of 15000 MYR .
If you wish to apply please contact Lotte Baker at Leadership@teachanywhere.com who will be happy to furnish you with more information and discuss further opportunities to enhance your teaching career overseas.