The Stockwood Park Academy are currently seeking a talented and passionate Head of Music to join our Performing Arts Team. You will be the sole Music teacher in the faculty and be responsible for teaching across Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and have a vision to develop music at The Stockwood Park Academy. You will be able to inspire children inside the classroom, and be willing to contribute to enriching music activities beyond the classroom. You will form part of an extremely supportive team who will encourage you to develop your own teaching practice.
We would welcome applications from experienced teachers or a strong NQT. If a NQT is appointed they will receive their TLR payment after the first year of teaching.
The Stockwood Park Academy are proud of the state of the art facilities employed by our Performing Arts Faculty. There is a theatre and a variety of dedicated music rooms to use including an ICT suite and keyboard room. We offer a range of courses from GCSE to BTEC and VCERT. Music is taught as a compulsory subject at KS3. The Performing Arts team is small and vibrant with a successful history of being internally promoted across the academy.
It’s incredibly important to us here at The Stockwood Park Academy that all our teachers feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
• Be accountable for the learning and achievement of all students
• Adhere to the Academy’s procedures for recording, monitoring, analyzing and acting upon a range of data
• Keep abreast of national developments, curriculum innovation and resources for learning
• Start Date: May half-term or September 2019
• Salary: MPS – UPS - £23,720 - £39,406 + TLR 2a - £2,721
• Job Role: Full time, Permanent
Why work for The Stockwood Park Academy:
• £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms
• You’ll be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
• A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
• Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programs
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
• To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in for many subject areas
• Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
• All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
Closing Date: Sunday 28th April Interviews: TBC
Please read the information in this pack. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply online today via our career site on https://www.mynewterm.com/trust/The-Shared-Learning-Trust/135337
We look forward to hearing from you!