Job Title: Product Development Manager (Qualifications, Functional Skills & Apprenticeships)
Accountable to: Head of Product Development (Qualifications, Functional Skills & Apprenticeships)
Accountable for: Managing and overseeing the product development cycle to ensure the fitness for purpose and regulatory compliance of FutureQuals’ qualifications and products.
Line management: Product Development Team
Salary: Starting from £24,000 (Salary commensurate with experience)
We are seeking a Product Development Manager (Qualifications, Functional Skills & Apprenticeships) to support our Head of Product Development in providing outstanding management in a busy Awarding Organisation & End-Point Assessment Organisation, one with a wide variety of business and interests. Working closely with the rest of the Product Development Team and wider Senior Management Team, you will be an integral part of Future (Awards & Qualifications) Ltd, ensuring it delivers an outstanding business plan, supporting at all times:
“We are a Visionary, Supportive, Innovative and Professional Awarding Organisation that is committed to excellence.”
“We envisage a place in which every learner realises their full potential.”
“To provide respected and valued qualifications and assessment to enable quality assured learning.”
The role is primarily to manage and oversee the product development cycle to ensure the fitness for purpose and regulatory compliance of FutureQuals’ qualifications and products.
Also responsible to support the promotion of FutureQuals as the awarding organisation of choice, ensuring effective communication with all stakeholders to promote knowledge and understanding of FutureQuals products and services.
We can offer you a mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities in a dynamic and interesting environment.
• Manage the process for the development of new qualifications/products and the programme for review of existing qualifications, implementing changes where appropriate and identifying qualifications to be withdrawn.
• Line management of the Product Development Co-ordinator(s).
• Manage the process for the development of new End-Point Assessment materials and the programme for review of existing End-Point Assessment materials, implementing changes where appropriate and identifying assessments to be withdrawn in line with either the assessment plan and/or regulatory guidance.
• Work effectively and efficiently with team members, other departments and associated contractors to ensure we deliver a good customer experience, achieve product revenue targets and meet the requirements of the FutureQuals Business Plan.
• Support the Head of Product Development to ensure compliance with the requirements for initial and on-going regulation of individual qualifications, End-Point Assessment, Functional Skills, products and services with all UK Regulators.
• Manage and use feedback mechanisms with key stakeholders and external bodies to continually improve products and services, evidencing the validity cycle.
• Plan, co-ordinate, monitor and support the development of qualifications, assessments, End-Point Assessments, Functional Skills, products and services projects. Including the supervision of those who are being utilised in the development activity to ensure they complete their element of the project or work on time, in the most cost effective way and in line with agreed ways of working, reporting all risks and assurances to the Head of Product Development.
• Support the Head of Product Development to identify and recruit subject/technical experts with a range of skills appropriate for the development of qualifications, End-Point Assessment, Functional Skills, product and services, ensuring sufficient human, financial and infrastructure resources are made available.
• Facilitate the production of assessment materials, awarding organisation guidance for centres, external quality assurers and End-Point assessors.
• Deliver strong communication strategies and training on development activities to ensure readiness for launch.
• With the Business Support and the Customer Support Team, proactively identify and take forward opportunities for the development of new qualifications, End-Point Assessment, product and services for use in the UK through market research and in response to customer local, regional and national agendas or requests from centres or other stakeholders.
• Support the Head of Product Development to prepare, develop and present business proposals that accurately reflect the collective views of the customer, expenditure and income, together with clearly established development timelines, stakeholder engagement/buy-in and approval.
• Championing the portfolio, skills and attributes of FutureQuals, representing the company at internal and external meetings, events and conferences to strengthen existing credibility, reputation through effective relationships with stakeholders.
• Keep abreast of policies and initiatives relevant to product development in areas of responsibility.
• Degree level education, equivalent qualification/experience or higher.
Background & Experience (Essential):
• High level knowledge of the UK regulatory framework for qualifications.
• Experience in qualification development in a regulatory environment and with external agencies.
• Commercial awareness – looks for cost improvements for the business, efficient and effective ways of working, understanding costs/revenues.
• Experience of developing and maintaining vocational qualifications and assessment methodology in a commercial context.
• Organised, systematic with efficiency and attention to detail.
• Has the ability to develop new and maintain existing professional relationships.
• Has the ability to troubleshoot issues before they become problematic.
• Understands the needs of others, the constraints they face and the levers to their engagement.
• Understands differences, anticipates areas of conflict and takes action where necessary.
• Fosters an environment where others feel respected and can flourish, with the ability to influence, supervise and motivate staff effectively with or without direct line responsibility.
• Identifies opportunities for joint working to minimise duplication and deliver shared goals.
• Confident, reliable and trustworthy.
• Ability to build positive working relationships and work well with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels.
• Innovative, resilient with the ability to cope in high pressure situations and tight deadlines.
• Drive to ensure duties are delivered in accordance with expectations and actions are seen through to completion.
• Responds flexibly to changing circumstances, demonstrating openness to changing work priorities and deadlines.
• Demonstrates quality working and attention to detail required in a regulated environment.
• Experience of identifying, assigning and monitoring external consultants.
• Travel within the UK on FutureQuals business or stay over in accommodation as the job requires.
Background & Experience (Desirable):
• High level knowledge of the UK regulatory framework for Functional Skills and End-Point Assessment.
• Experience of funding agencies for qualification development.
• Experience of project management, showing strong organisation and prioritisation skills with successful delivery outcomes on time and with resource constraints.
• A high level of competence in the operation of standard office information and communications technology applications including standard Microsoft Office packages including, SharePoint, advanced MS Word and Outlook and intermediate Excel and PowerPoint.
• Sound knowledge of the latest thinking and trends in the use of technology, products and services in delivering qualifications, End-Point Assessment and Functional Skills.
• Knowledge and experience of basic elements of marketing, branding, communications and social media platforms.
• Experience in End-Point Assessment development.
• Excellent written and verbal English.
• Stays calm in pressurised and demanding situations.
• Experience within a start-up culture and generating new business opportunities.
• Track record of managing, fostering and developing teams.
• Qualification in the assessment and quality assurance of vocational qualifications.
To apply, submit your updated CV with a covering letter detailing how your meet the above job description and person specifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date 3rd May 2019.