Head of Geography
The Stockwood Park Academy have an excellent opportunity for a dedicated, passionate and inspirational Head of Geography to join our thriving Humanities team. The successful candidate will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with the drive and commitment to promote all aspects of teaching and learning within the subject area. You will be a good team player with the ability to form successful working partnerships with staff and motivate them to meet the department’s shared vision.
It’s incredibly important to us here at The Stockwood Park Academy that all our teachers feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a demonstrable impact on raising achievement
• Have some experience of managing the work of others
• Have the experience of using performance data to inform target setting and planning
• Be confident to lead, coach and mentor others and help maintain and build upon the success in the department
• Start Date: September 2019
• Salary: MPS / UPS - £23,720 - £39,406 + TLR 2b - £4,532
• Job Role: Full time, Permanent
Why work for The Stockwood Park Academy:
• £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms
• You’ll be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
• A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
• Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programs
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
• To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in for many subject areas
• All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
Teacher Testimonial: “I have been at the Academy since 2000, I started as an unqualified teacher and was supported through the Graduate Teacher Programme. Very soon after I gained my QTS, opportunities arose to get into new roles. I started as Gifted and Talented Coordinator, then I became Head of Department for PE and then I wanted to develop into a pastoral role where I became a House Leader. Then came the opportunity to become an Assistant Principal and I was encouraged to go for that role so I took the leap and now I'm the Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare. There is a whole range of CPD on offer with a dedicated Teaching and Learning team who will provide personalised CPD, personalised areas for development for members of staff. In addition to that, they have a number of courses they provide, I've gone on the 'Outstanding Teacher Programme' and developed my own teaching and helped me feel secure in the position I was in. Stockwood Park Academy have already begun supporting with my next step up moving into a Deputy Head or Vice Principal role. “- Iain Temple, Assistant Principal
Closing Date: Thursday 28th March at 12pm
Interviews: w/c 1st April
Please read the information in this pack. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply online today via our career site on https://www.mynewterm.com/trust/The-Shared-Learning-Trust/135337
We look forward to hearing from you!