Region - Shoreditch, East London (E1)
Grade 3 £38,360.69 per annum 35hrs a wk (1FTE) inc London weighting
About the role - We are looking to recruit a Marketing Manager who is looking for a new challenge. This is a great time to make the role your own with flexibility, job variety and the need for creativity. All this and in the heart of Shoreditch, London, with a great benefits package and a lovely bunch of work colleagues.
The post holder will be responsible for managing all marketing across the whole charity with direct line management responsibility for 2 staff.
The WEA is a unique charity and the UK’s largest voluntary sector provider of adult education. With a clear vision and a strong social purpose, we bring great teaching to local communities, with life-changing courses held in community centres, workplaces and schools. Since 1903, we have been giving disadvantaged people the opportunity to return to learning – inspiring them to realise their full potential and become active, engaged citizens. We see education as a tool for social justice, not just self-improvement, and we pride ourselves on making learning accessible.
All posts at the WEA will support the vision for "A better world - equal, democratic and just; through adult education the WEA challenges and inspires individuals, communities and society.”
1. Managing a brand/marketing strategy that effectively positions and promotes the WEA to achieve its key objectives – aligning to the new 2025 strategy. Working collaboratively with other specialist marketing colleagues.
2. Management of the national delivery of offline marketing campaigns, brand assets, print collateral, product copywriting, and partnership marketing activity that drives student enrolment and ROI from funded project marketing. Supporting educational and business development KPIs.
3. To act as the lead quality brand manager ensuring the brand is being delivered nationwide and ensuring templates and materials are continuously developed with a practical focus within the backdrop of the way the WEA operates (learner and volunteers needs) to support regional and national delivery. To include the management and upgrades of the newly developed volunteer online print tool.
4. This role will also be responsible for monitoring the use and successful, compliant delivery of funders’ brand guidelines – working with projects teams and business development.
5. Management and delivery of all WEA print collateral including: packs for BDT; educational product packs (e.g. WEA pathways); impact report; volunteer and membership print marketing; awards; regional packs; brochure templates for regions; marketing collateral etc.
6. Working on the concept and content of marketing materials for the WEA - with a key focus of improving the quality of copywriting across the organisation and embracing, and leading on the Plain English Campaign directive.
7. Collaborate internally and with external agencies to evaluate and improve performance, experience and engagement. This includes collaborative engagement with key staff in regions and Scotland to review localised performance needs against educational KPIs – including the development of area marketing plans (regions and Scotland).
8. Own, drive, and report on key metrics relating marketing performance and actively seek to analyse WEA data and develop, build and improve on metrics and reporting mechanisms with colleagues in the marketing team – working with other departmental insights - in order to also suggest, create and execute strategies to improve performance.
9. Working closely with other members from the marketing team and other key internal stakeholders to support, inform and enhance new lead generation, retention and customer lifetime value initiatives.
11. Keep up to date with topical issues and best practice in marketing and communications.
About you - You will hold a degree in marketing/ a relevant field or relevant qualifications and experience in marketing. You will have strong demonstrable marketing, project management and line management experience. You will have very strong copy writing skills, as well as experience of working with external agencies and have exceptional communication and team working skills.
To apply for this role please send us your CV and cover letter stating how you meet the person specification. We encourage applicants to apply in advance of the closing day as we reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
Deadline: March 31st 2019 (Please note: if the right level of candidates submit this may close sooner)