Post Title: Apprenticeship Tech Trainer
Nature of the Role: Flexible and short-term roles available
Responsible to: Head of Apprenticeship Programmes
Responsible for: Teaching and learning support on Digital Degree Apprenticeships
Day rates: £100-300 dependent on experience
Welcome to Ada!
We are specialist digital skills college supporting apprentices into fantastic roles in the tech sector and transforming their lives in the process. We work with over 25 of the most cutting-edge companies on the planet and have more contacting us everyday because of the amazing quality of our teaching, learning and support.
We are growing rapidly with 140 apprentices on roll at present across just two higher level programmes: Software Developer and Data Analyst. We are launching a new Technology Consultant Degree Apprenticeship in Autumn 2019 and the uptake is already considerable.
Your role is integral to ensuring the scalable, sustained support for apprentices is in place and at the right level. You will have a significant role in shaping a new type of education and training organisation that is on track to have national impact.
As a software development trainer you will be adapting and delivering engaging training materials for our Higher Level Degree Apprenticeship program. As part of a team, you will be supporting apprentices to successfully undertake a series of far reaching software development modules up to degree standard (level 6). These apprentices are employed by top global digital companies such Facebook and Deloitte and you will shape their learning and help them become the next generation of digital pioneers.
● Supporting our lead trainers in delivery of engaging course material to apprentices and ensure their educational progress
● Differentiate learning materials for a diverse audience of ability and experience
● Help update and create new learning content for existing lectures and workshops where learning is applied in real world scenarios
● Create and mark assignments and exams
● Provide feedback to apprentices on their progress and provide additional support where necessary
● Work collaboratively with the teaching team to ensure that individualised support programmes are in place for learners such as those with Special Educational Needs
● Supporting the programme management team with reviewing work based evidence
Additional Duties: You may be asked to support with revision or consolidation sessions for apprentices, which take place on weekday evenings.
● Training, tutoring or teaching experience
● Work experience in software development, data analytics or Degree or Apprenticeship in technical subject(Computer Science, Software Engineering, STEM with demonstrable use of technology)
● Teaching or teaching support experience and qualifications
● Relevant sector work experience e.g. IT support, Software Development, Data Science, Databases
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes and Skills:
● Strong collaborative working skills
● A strong interest in technology and the digital industry
● A passion towards supporting others and ensuring their wellbeing
● Ability to inspire people
● Excellent time management, organisational and planning skills
Variation to this Job Description
This is a description of the job as it is at present, and is current at date of issue. The job description will be reviewed and updated as necessary to ensure that appropriate revisions are incorporated, and that it relates to the job to be performed. This process is carried out through discussions with Management. You are expected to participate fully in the review and, following discussion to update your job description as is considered necessary or desirable
The successful candidate will be required to apply for a Basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check when appropriate to the post. Further information about the DBS be found at www.gov.uk .
Ada. National College for Digital Skills recognises that equality of opportunity and the recognition and promotion of diversity are integral to its strengths. The following principles apply in respect of the College’s commitment to equality and diversity:
● To provide and promote equality of opportunity in all areas of its work and activity;
● To recognise and develop the diversity of skills and talent within its current and potential community;
● To ensure that all employees and prospective employees of the College are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential without receiving any unjustified discrimination or unfavourable treatment on grounds such as age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender reassignment, trans status, socio-economic status or any other irrelevant distinction;
● To provide and promote a positive working, learning, and social environment which is free from prejudice, discrimination and any forms of harassment, bullying or victimisation;
● To promote good relations between individuals from different groups.
Applicants with disabilities
Ada. National College for Digital Skills is keen to increase the number of disabled people it employs. We therefore encourage applications from individuals with a disability who are able to carry out the duties of the post. If you have special needs in relation to your application please contact the Director of Careers & HR, Ana Herrera by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Please submit a supporting cover letter and CV to email@example.com, in the subject field please write “Application for Tech Trainer” followed by your name. As part of the interview process we will ask you to support a session with our apprentices.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory references.