Post Title: Apprenticeship Skills Coach
Nature of the Role: Part time, 0.6FTE
Responsible to: Apprenticeship Programme Manager
Responsible for: Ensuring continuous high quality support, guidance and feedback for all apprentices and employers.
Salary: £26,000 - £31,000 dependent on experience.
Welcome to Ada!
We are specialist digital skills college supporting apprentices into fantastic roles in the tech sector and transforming their lives in the process. We work with over 25 of the most cutting-edge companies on the planet and have more contacting us everyday because of the amazing quality of our teaching, learning and support.
We are growing rapidly with 140 apprentices on roll at present across just two higher level programmes: Software Developer and Data Analyst. We are launching a new Technology Consultant Degree Apprenticeship in Autumn 2019 and the uptake is already considerable.
Your role is integral to ensuring the scalable, sustained support for apprentices is in place and at the right level. You will have a significant role in shaping a new type of education and training organisation that is on track to have national impact.
At Ada we are committed to ensuring our apprentices and their employers are supported throughout their apprenticeship to the highest standards. To achieve this we are looking for fantastic skills coaches to manage a case-load of apprentices, providing guidance and support ensuring successful completion of their apprenticeship and progression into full time roles.
Within the role, coaches will maintain regular contact with apprentices & their employers providing continuous guidance throughout the apprenticeship, ensuring the students stay on track and are ready for their End Point Assessment.
Coaches will typically have a case-load of approximately 60 apprentices and will be expected to travel across our employers, organising and running progress reviews with apprentices & employer. This is a unique opportunity to work with a wide range of employers and apprentices, understanding their strengths and areas for development and helping their develop their skills and work effectively within their organisations and teams.
● Assessing and supporting apprentices through their apprenticeship programme
● Carrying out reviews either in person or on the phone with apprentices and line managers to monitor progress against key milestones
● Work with students to create and monitor their individual learning plans
● Providing personal and professional support to apprentices and employers
● Ensuring monthly performance updates on learners are provided to Ada
● Providing rigorous feedback on work-based learning evidence
● Managing & tracking of progression of all key programme elements
● Assessing whether apprentices are ready to enter gateway and support them to prepare for their end point assessment
● Ensuring all apprentice records are maintained and compliant to ESFA regulations
● Excellent communications skills and are able to work effectively with people at all levels
● Ideally have experience monitoring and reporting on individuals progress or in coaching learners/apprentices in their career development
● Able to effectively use systems, including e-portfolio tracking system, to record and track outcomes
● Professional working ethos to effectively build business relationships with employers
● Interest in technology and the digital industry and/or a willingness to expand your technical knowledge
● Organised and have strong time management skills
● Adaptable and patient, able to manage many priorities at once and resolve concerns with empathy and compassion
Variation to this Job Description
This is a description of the job as it is at present, and is current at date of issue. The job description will be reviewed and updated as necessary to ensure that appropriate revisions are incorporated, and that it relates to the job to be performed.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check when appointed to the post. References for shortlisted candidates will be requested prior to the interview day. Further information about the DBS be found at www.gov.uk .
Ada. National College for Digital Skills recognises that equality of opportunity and the recognition and promotion of diversity are integral to its strengths. The following principles apply in respect of the College’s commitment to equality and diversity:
● To provide and promote equality of opportunity in all areas of its work and activity;
● To recognise and develop the diversity of skills and talent within its current and potential community;
● To ensure that all employees and prospective employees of the College are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential without receiving any unjustified discrimination or unfavourable treatment on grounds such as age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender reassignment, trans status, socio-economic status or any other irrelevant distinction;
● To provide and promote a positive working, learning, and social environment which is free from prejudice, discrimination and any forms of harassment, bullying or victimisation;
● To promote good relations between individuals from different groups.
Applicants with disabilities
Ada. National College for Digital Skills is keen to increase the number of disabled people it employs. We therefore encourage applications from individuals with a disability who are able to carry out the duties of the post. If you have special needs in relation to your application please contact the Director of Careers & HR, Ana Herrera by emailing email@example.com
How to apply for the role
Send your CV along with your response to the below questions to firstname.lastname@example.org :
● In no more than 250 words describe what attracts you the Apprenticeship Skills Coach position at Ada, including what skills & experience will you bring. (Max 250 words)
● Imagine you are working with a Tech Consultancy apprentice, how would you support them to succeed in the workplace? (Max 250 words)
All appointments are subject to satisfactory references.