Apprentice Administrator – North Road, Poole – Full Time – Fixed Term - £8,008.29 to £15,105 per annum
Would you like to obtain a recognised qualification in Business Administration?
Do you want to fulfil an exciting opportunity to learn and progress in an administration apprenticeship?
Would you like to join a dedicated and personable team, providing administrative support and excellent customer service?
If so, then Bournemouth & Poole College would like to hear from you. We are looking for an Apprenticeship Administrator to join our friendly and dedicated operational services team at our North Road campus. As the Apprentice administrator you will provide support and assistance to the Curriculum admin team and ensure an efficient service is provided for all. This is a great opportunity to gain a recognised Business Administration qualification in a supportive team. If you feel you have what it takes, then please apply today!
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area, we have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
As the Apprentice Administrator at Bournemouth & Poole College you will act as part of a team to support the requirements of the academic areas that are not fulfilled by central functions. You will act as the central point of contact for staff and students as well as external customers therefore you will provide a welcoming reception service ensuring a high level of customer service is provided in a professional and timely manner which may involve dealing with enquires or providing information. You will need to demonstrate a full commitment to obtaining the Apprenticeship qualification and subsequently progress in the role. As part of this role, the administrative duties will include data processing and inputting accurate onto college systems ensuring this is up to date.
Other duties include:
• File and scan documents to record as required in accordance with GDPR requirements
• Collect and distribute post
• Provide admin support for academic staff including the arrangement of meetings
• Respond to enquiries regarding courses offered by The College
• Assist in the day to day running of curriculum areas
• Participate in college events and open evenings as required
Key responsibilities, skills and attitudes
• Work experience dealing with customers
• Experience working in an administrative environment (desirable but not essential)
• Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft applications
• Strong communication skills with excellent telephone manner
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to adhere to instructions and guidelines
• Confident individual with a positive attitude
• Proactive approach
• Professional manner
• Strong commitment towards successfully completing the Apprenticeship qualification
• 3 GCSE’s grade C or above (including English & Maths)
• Business and IT qualification (desirable)
If you feel you have what it takes for this Apprentice Administrator role, then please click apply and complete our application process through the college careers page!
Please be aware we only accept fully completed applications, therefore please take the time to complete our application form.
Please note the closing date for this role is 09 January 2019 and interviews will be confirmed held 14 January 2019
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.