The Stockwood Park Academy are currently looking to recruit a Teacher of English who wants to make a real difference in supporting students and furthering the success of the department. We are on a really exciting journey of growth and development. We have a lively debating team and the student voice is led by a member of English across the school. We run Accelerated Reader and are continuing to offer a comprehensive extra-curricular timetable.
Our English team are passionate about delivering the AQA English curriculum in an engaging, lively and inspiring way and we are, therefore, looking for someone creative who thinks outside of the box and believes in change. We have some really brilliant opportunities for forward-thinking candidates that would like to:
• Coach and mentor other members of the department
• Implement new ideas and changes that will support students or improve overall attainment
• Develop intervention, Gifted & Talented or cross curricular literacy programmes
• To set high expectations for all pupils, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their achievement.
• To use a variety of methods and approaches (including differentiation) to match curricular objectives and the range of pupil needs, and ensure equal opportunity for all pupils
• To ensure continuity, progression and cohesiveness in all teaching.
• To assess pupils’ work systematically and use the results to inform future planning, teaching and curricular development.
• To have a thorough and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum programmes of study, level descriptors and specifications for examination courses.
The successful candidate will have:
• Relevant experience as an English Teacher
• Ability to monitor and evaluate teaching and learning.
• Ability to deliver high quality lessons, evaluate the impact of these and develop future planning accordingly.
• Excellent communication and team-working skills
• Passion, creativity and energy towards your subject area and educating young people.
It’s incredibly important to us here at Stockwood that all our teachers feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
‘We recognise talent, recruit for attitude and train you for the skills’ … If you want to be grow and develop in a successful Academy, come and join us at Stockwood Park! Don’t just take it from us, listen to what our teachers have to say: https://youtu.be/48wDNtQQKzU
• Start Date: ASAP
• Salary: £23,720 - £39,406 - Main Pay Scale or Upper Pay Scale (dependent on experience)
• Job Role: Full time, Permanent
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy:
• £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms
• You’ll be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
• A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
• Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programs
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
• To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in for many subject areas
• Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
• All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
Teacher Testimonial: “I have been at the Academy since 2000, I started as an unqualified teacher and was supported through the Graduate Teacher Programme. Very soon after I gained my QTS, opportunities arose to get into new roles. I started as Gifted and Talented Coordinator, then I became Head of Department for PE and then I wanted to develop into a pastoral role where I became a House Leader. Then came the opportunity to become an Assistant Principal and I was encouraged to go for that role so I took the leap and now I'm the Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare. There is a whole range of CPD on offer with a dedicated Teaching and Learning team who will provide personalised CPD, personalised areas for development for members of staff. In addition to that, they have a number of courses they provide, I've gone on the 'Outstanding Teacher Programme' and developed my own teaching and helped me feel secure in the position I was in. Stockwood Park Academy have already begun supporting with my next step up moving into a Deputy Head or Vice Principal role.“
- Iain Temple, Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare.
Closing Date: Thursday 7th March at 12pm Interviews: TBC
Please read the information in this pack. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply online today via our career site on https://www.mynewterm.com/trust/The-Shared-Learning-Trust/135337
We look forward to hearing from you!