It is an exciting time to join Wakefield College, staff, students and Governors are celebrating following a successful Ofsted Inspection where the College achieved a rating of ‘Good’ across all inspection areas. Significant investment in our estate enables the College to provide modern teaching spaces which includes the recent opening of our Advanced Skills and Innovation Centre in addition to the renovation of a prestigious historic building which will host the magnificent training restaurant.
As the Head of Curriculum, you will have responsibility for the areas of Hospitality & Catering, Hair & Beauty, Animal Care and Horticulture which are renowned for strong teaching and learning resources. The College is proud to have helped develop many students from these areas into successful professional careers, across the district.
The current Head of Curriculum has recently been promoted and leaves a thriving department with a team of professional and passionate teachers. For you, it offers the chance to take hold of this success and mould it to mirror the needs of a future Wakefield College.
About the role:
As the Head of Curriculum, you’ll be a key member of the senior leadership team, operating in a role that will include strategic responsibilities. Specifically, this will involve:
• Leading the strategic growth and development of the curriculum, ensuring quality improvement measures are firmly embedded
• Actively promoting a high-performance culture and ethos, aimed at delivering strong levels of engagement and an environment of continuous improvement amongst all colleagues
• Developing a high-quality curriculum offering across all levels of programmes and courses, enabling meaningful progression routes for learners and the provision of an excellent student experience
• Positively supporting and ensuring the implementation of the College’s strategic plan, key strategies and initiatives
More about you:
Already a qualified teacher, who’s progressive, adaptable and currently operating at a managerial level, you should also have a proven track record of leading teams in the successful achievement of challenging targets. In addition, we’re expecting you to demonstrate:
• The ability to establish a culture of high expectations and high performance amongst staff and students alike, leading to excellent standards of teaching and learning and positive learner experience.
• A strategic outlook and the necessary know-how to accurately assess the quality of teaching and learning through direct observation and other measures
• A passion for helping people achieve their potential and progress to further studies or employment
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11am Monday 4 March 2019
Assessment days: 18 /19 March 2019
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.