Assistant Headteacher – KS4 Achievement
Appointment September 2019 (L11–L15)
The Stockwood Park Academy have an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Headteacher to join their senior leadership team. We wish to appoint someone who is looking to support school improvement at a senior level and develop their skills in school management. The person appointed will be expected to contribute to the strategic development of the school and lead on Key Stage 4 Achievement.
• Through outstanding strategic and operational leadership raise the progress and achievement of all pupils in agreed phases of the academy ensuring they consistently make better than expected progress and improve the progress of under-performing curriculum areas
• To provide effective line management of middle leadership/curriculum leaders and any area of academy development outlined through discussions with the Vice principal & Principal;
• To lead curriculum meetings with middle leaders through CPD to bring about consistency and improvements
The Successful Candidate:
• Be a qualified teacher
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner particularly in regards to teaching and learning
• Have a passion for outstanding learning
• Have the ability to think strategically and solve problems
• Have a clear vision for raising standards
If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Stockwood Park Academy. Don’t just take it from us, listen to what our teachers have to say: https://youtu.be/48wDNtQQKzU
• Start Date: September 2019
• Salary: L11 – L15 - £51, 234 - £56,434
• Job Role: Full time / Permanent
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy:
• £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms
• You’ll be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
• A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
• Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programs
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
• To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in for many subject areas
• All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
Teacher Testimonial: “I have been at the Academy since 2000, I started as an unqualified teacher and was supported through the Graduate Teacher Programme. Very soon after I gained my QTS, opportunities arose to get into new roles. I started as Gifted and Talented Coordinator, then I became Head of Department for PE and then I wanted to develop into a pastoral role where I became a House Leader. Then came the opportunity to become an Assistant Principal and I was encouraged to go for that role so I took the leap and now I'm the Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare. There is a whole range of CPD on offer with a dedicated Teaching and Learning team who will provide personalised CPD, personalised areas for development for members of staff. In addition to that, they have a number of courses they provide, I've gone on the 'Outstanding Teacher Programme' and developed my own teaching and helped me feel secure in the position I was in. Stockwood Park Academy have already begun supporting with my next step up moving into a Deputy Head or Vice Principal role.“
- Iain Temple, Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare.
Closing Date: Monday 4th March at 9am
Interviews: First day: Wednesday 13th March
Second day: Thursday 14th March (am only)
Please read the information in this pack. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply online today via our career site on https://www.mynewterm.com/trust/The-Shared-Learning-Trust/135337
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions about the role or would like to visit the Academy, please email email@example.com.