The Stockwood Park Academy are currently looking to recruit a Finance Assistant to support the Finance Manager in providing administrative support, undertaking tasks such as processing documents, handling cash as well as dealing with external agencies, suppliers and Academy staff.
This role will be offered on a 6 month contract on a term-time basis and will ideally suit someone who is pursuing a career in finance and working towards achieving accountancy qualifications.
• Process purchase orders
• Purchase supplier invoices
• Monitor and reconcile aged debtors
• Record petty cash and replenish petty cash funds
• Provide general support to the Finance Manager including handling mail and answering the telephone
• Start Date: March 2019
• Salary: £17,173 - £19,446 FTE
• Hours: 9am – 4:30pm
• Job Role: Full time / 6 month contract
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy:
• £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms
• You’ll be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
• A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
Teacher Testimonial: “I have been at the Academy since 2000, I started as an unqualified teacher and was supported through the Graduate Teacher Programme. Very soon after I gained my QTS, opportunities arose to get into new roles. I started as Gifted and Talented Coordinator, then I became Head of Department for PE and then I wanted to develop into a pastoral role where I became a House Leader. Then came the opportunity to become an Assistant Principal and I was encouraged to go for that role so I took the leap and now I'm the Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare. There is a whole range of CPD on offer with a dedicated Teaching and Learning team who will provide personalised CPD, personalised areas for development for members of staff. In addition to that, they have a number of courses they provide, I've gone on the 'Outstanding Teacher Programme' and developed my own teaching and helped me feel secure in the position I was in. Stockwood Park Academy have already begun supporting with my next step up moving into a Deputy Head or Vice Principal role.“
- Iain Temple, Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare.
Closing Date: Monday 4th March at 12pm
Please read the information in this pack. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply online today via our career site on https://www.mynewterm.com/trust/The-Shared-Learning-Trust/135337
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions about the role or would like to visit the Academy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.