The Chalk Hills Academy are looking for a friendly and efficient Receptionist with office experience to join them as soon as possible. As a Receptionist, you will be responsible to manage the reception area and the switchboard. You will also respond to queries from the public and students and support the academy with general clerical duties.
The Receptionist role is offered on a 52-week basis and will suit a candidate who has the ability to multi-task and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times. If this sounds like you, come and join us at The Chalk Hills Academy.
• Manage the school switchboard and reception responding to queries from parents, students and visitors, taking messages and passing calls to colleagues effectively and efficiently.
• Undertake word processing of school correspondence, policies, procedures and documents to support the Senior Leadership Team and teaching staff of the school
• Maintain computerised systems for student data, achievement records, admissions and attendance.
• Support the academy with general clerical duties including opening and distribution of mail, filing, photocopying (including assisting in reprographics), emailing etc.
• Provide First Aid cover, contacting parents in the event of injury, sickness, administering basic first aid and maintaining all necessary records
The successful candidate will:
• have experience working in an office / reception / administration role
• have good IT skills
• have an excellent telephone manner
• be able to use their own initiative
• have experience working with young people and in a school environment – advantageous
• Start date: ASAP
• Salary: L2 – £17,972 actual salary for 52 weeks
• Job Role: Full time, Permanent, 52 weeks per year
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
• £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
• You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
• Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
• Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “Together with your leadership team, governors and the trust you have established high expectations for behaviour, teaching and achievement. Leaders have made sure that strategies are in place which have led to improvements in the quality of teaching, learning, assessment and the curriculum. Leaders have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour. Leaders work well with staff to ensure that the school is typically a calm, orderly and purposeful environment.” Ofsted May 2018
Teacher Testimonial: “Moving from Industry to Teaching was a daunting yet exciting experience; I joined Stockwood Park Academy as an instructor to see if teaching was for me, and have never looked back! The seamless transition into education was exciting, demanding, and the best decision I made. Like many teachers at the school, my role has evolved and I have been fortunate enough to work across the Trust in different positions. The Trust has provided me with multiple opportunities to grow and develop. I now work as an Assistant Principal at The Chalk Hills Academy, with a focus on The Teaching Trust, Admissions and Science. I feel extremely privileged to be working for an organisation that inspires learning, growth, confidence and creativity, and challenges students to rise to their full potential in a warm and caring environment.” – Mrs Jabbar, Assistant Principal
Closing Date: Friday 22nd February at 12pm
Interviews: w/c 4th March 2019
Please read the information in this pack. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply online today via our career site on https://www.mynewterm.com/trust/The-Shared-Learning-Trust/135337
We look forward to hearing from you!