Leeds and Doncaster
YMCA is arguably the most recognisable and iconic of all global charity brands – trusted throughout the world to deliver outstanding, innovative and socially responsible activities for young people and the wider community.
YMCAfit is a leader in the field of health, wellbeing and education, with over 30 years’ experience creating health and fitness career pathways for individuals. Every year we train over 5,500 people who are entering or working within the fitness industry: from one-day Continuous Professional Development programmes, to Apprenticeships, through to Advanced Diplomas.
Do you want to be a part of this?
We have an exciting opportunity for a GCSE Maths Tutor, to join our team of professionals delivering inspirational programmes of learning that engage and motivate young people to progress and achieve.
You will be responsible for managing and delivering diverse learning opportunities for groups of learners from initial interview and assessment through to successful completion of course and accreditation.
You will be able to effectively design, plan and deliver inspirational programmes of learning in order to achieve the highest academic standards and learning opportunities for learners.
You will deliver learning opportunities that are practical in nature, develop employability and social skills. You will enable learners to achieve accredited qualifications up to and including L2 Maths in functional skills and GCSE.
You will also be able to:
• Assist in the organisation of internal/external examinations and coursework.
• Assist in developing curriculum links with Apprenticeship Tutors and other organisations to promote business and enterprise in YMCA Training.
• Contribute to course review processes, curriculum development and quality assurance in keeping with the organisations policies and procedures.
• Lead and supervise the pastoral and support role of the learner mentor to ensure it effectively meets the needs of individual learners and supports their success on the programme of learning.
Are you up for the challenge?
You will have excellent communication skills and great rapport building ability. This will help you not only to support our learners but also as to explore new opportunities. You’ll be highly organised, with demonstrated planning and time-management skills (supported by good IT skills).
You will also need:
• PGCE/Cert in Education or L5 Diploma in Education and Training.
• Qualified to a minimum of Level 3 in your own vocational specialist subject.
• Experience of teaching Maths up to Level 2 and/or GCSE.
• Effective in managing conflict and maintaining high standards of classroom behaviour.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This really is a fantastic opportunity to join our team and do something great for yourself – and for others. If this sounds right for you click apply now and register your details.
Central YMCA is committed to championing equality, diversity and inclusion in all its forms. For those who would like to work with us, Central YMCA welcomes applications from all sections of society. We believe that our Charity is greatly enhanced by the varied backgrounds, experiences and views represented within our team; we aim to appoint individuals based solely on their applicable skills, experience and attitudes.
For any individual who will be working, volunteering or freelancing with us, all recruitment and engagement processes will include pre-employment checks (including referencing and an appropriate level of disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service).
We also ensure that all subcontractors and agencies are appropriately vetted.