Trustees and Governors are seeking to appoint a dynamic and skilled professional, with an aptitude and impact in curriculum, assessment and pupil outcomes, in a primary context. The successful candidate will be an exceptional leader who is ready for a new challenge and able to demonstrate strategic leadership and management skills alongside having the drive and ambition to help lead Essa Primary through its next stage of development.
The successful candidate will:
• Have responsibility for curriculum development, assessment and interventions
• Have a proven track record of achievement as both a teacher and a leader
• Be committed to providing the best opportunities to nurture pupil development and empower pupils to be resilient and confident in the belief that ‘All Will Succeed’
• Value a broad curriculum which is rich and stimulating and appreciate the impact a wealth of extra-curricular opportunities has on pupils
• Have a proactive approach to maximising opportunities for the school
• Thrive on challenge with resilience and reflection
• Show drive, tenacity and the ability to realise ambitions
• Be an engaging and visible leader who will quickly earn the respect of colleagues, students and parents and external agencies
We are looking for a senior leader who is on a mission – the kind of person who makes others smile because of their enthusiasm; the kind of person who will get satisfaction from seeing our children learn to do things that staff in other schools might take for granted. In return, you will get a lot back from our young people – they are lovely – and you will be working for a Trust that will take an active interest in your wellbeing and development.
If you feel you have the skills and commitment to support us in getting the best from our pupils then we would love to hear from you. Interested candidates are most welcome to visit the school and visits can be arranged through the school office (email@example.com / 01204 201310)
Further details can be found in the Candidate Information Pack and an application form is available on our website (www.essaprimary.org).
Applicants should submit an application form together with a covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4, font size 11, outlining your skills and knowledge relevant to both the job description and the person specification and additional areas of expertise which you can bring to Essa Primary.
Closing date: Monday 21 January 2019 @ 08:00am
Interviews: Week commencing 28 January 2019
Please note that references will be requested prior to interview
Essa Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Check.
Principal: Joanna Atherton
Essa Primary is easily accessible throughout the North West .
We are close to the M61 motorway (J4) and Bolton town centre with good regional rail links.