Do you have experience working in a Laboratory?
Do you know how to safely set up science equipment and store chemicals?
Would you like to work in a successful and well equipped £30 million state of the art Academy?
If you have answered yes to these questions, The Chalk Hills Academy would love to hear from you!
The Chalk Hills Academy are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Science Technician to join our innovative Science Department. Science is a subject where you can really captivate students' attention with various exciting experiments and interactive lessons. We have fantastic facilities dedicated to Science with modern, fully equipped labs and we are looking to appoint someone who will ensure the provision of high quality and timely services to support the delivery of the science curriculum.
The successful candidate will:
• Have demonstrable experience of working in a laboratory
• Some experience of working in a school environment
• Demonstrable knowledge of Health and Safety as it applies in the storage and use of chemicals
• Be able to spend much of the working day standing and making use of equipment and other materials
• Hold a good level of literacy and numeracy skills
• Be able to give clear and concise instructions and guidance to others and able to supervise and direct the work of others
• Start date: ASAP
• Salary: L4 - £17,152 (term time only prorated salary)
• Job Role: Permanent
• Hours: Full time, term time only (39 weeks pa), 37 hours a week
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
• £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
• You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
• Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
• Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
• Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “Together with your leadership team, governors and the trust you have established high expectations for behaviour, teaching and achievement. Leaders have made sure that strategies are in place which have led to improvements in the quality of teaching, learning, assessment and the curriculum. Leaders have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour. Leaders work well with staff to ensure that the school is typically a calm, orderly and purposeful environment.” Ofsted May 2018
Closing Date: Friday 18th January at 12pm Interviews: TBC
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
Please read the information in this pack. If you decide to apply, please apply online via our career site on https://www.mynewterm.com/trust/The-Shared-Learning-Trust/135337