Purpose of Job
To provide comprehensive financial management, operation and control as well as the provision of management information via internal and external teams and systems. Moreover, to deliver TCHC’s financial duties and statutory accounts and returns effectively and efficiently.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
• Prepare and submit monthly management accounts within a prescribed and regular time.
• Treasury management on a day-to-day basis; funding, statutory accounts and audit.
• Oversee and supervise grant payments and receipts to include grant account cash and liability reconciliation and invoicing.
• Ensure pension payments are made monthly and all other legislative/financial requirements are met e.g. VAT, Taxation etc.
• Manage day-to-day financial services including bought ledger, financial and capital accounting, income, credit control, accounts payable, accounts receivable, paymaster function and transaction processes to service level agreements.
• Liaise effectively with internal and external auditors.
• Liaise effectively with payroll bureau and HR Department concerning monthly pay and pension’s contributions.
• Lead, motivate, develop and performance manage the Finance Team and provide the necessary support for success.
• Deal with related office matters and ad hoc instructions from directors.
• Ensure effective budget management facilitating optimum use of available resources.
• Review and recommend financial and related IT systems to maximize effectiveness and efficiency within the department.
• Maintenance of the Capital Asset Register and record of capital charges.
• Maintain cost effective banking facilities and the principal point of contact with bankers on day-to-day matters.
• Carry out all reasonable duties as instructed by the shareholder Directors.
The holder of this position must ensure that the company and Company Directors are aware of latest legislative /regulatory requirements in regards to Finance and HR requirements.The holder of this position must ensure that the company and Company Directors are aware of latest legislative /regulatory requirements in regards to Finance and HR requirements.
In addition, the post holder is expected to carry out other reasonable duties, appropriate to their experience and qualifications, to ensure the specification is fulfilled.
These duties are a guide to the work the post holder will initially be required to undertake. Amendments may be made from time to time as the role evolves and to meet changing circumstances.