Location: Boscombe Down
At QinetiQ we’re dedicated to defending sovereign capability, protecting lives and securing the vital interests of our customers.
We are a company of over 6,000 dedicated people providing technological and scientific expertise that helps our customers protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
Working across every aspect of the life cycle of critical equipment and infrastructure providing services and products, we address our customers' most pressing challenges; our breadth and depth of experience spans many markets and industries.
Purpose of the role:
To train, support and develop Advanced Manufacturing Engineering trade Apprentices within the Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard; and for the Assessment of the Level 2 and Level 3 NVQ/competence qualifications. The role will also provide tutorial and pastoral support across the school.
Specific responsibilities for which the post holder has a requirement to deliver under the guidance of a mentor:
• Responsible for delivery of theoretical and practical lessons in the relevant subject areas including maths and science.
•Identifying needs of learners and using teaching methods accordingly
•Responsible for the preparation of schemes of work, lesson plans and learning material, in accordance with the ECDC Quality Management System.
•Evaluating and assessing learners performance and documenting progress.
•Responsible for reporting on Performance and behaviour for named learners to their Line Manager.
•Ensuring all learner progress reports are completed on time, to the correct standard.
•Responsible for undertaking internal and external courses as required to ensure own CPD is maintained and competency to fulfil role is maintained.
•Contributing to course design, programming, planning and aspects of delivery where required.
•Identification, support to and sharing of, continuous improvement and best practice with rest of Tutors and QATS staff team
•Responsible for timely completion, and provision of support for NVQ/competence assessment for named learners.
• Contribute to review and discussion of course structure and delivery
• Willing to work towards a recognised teaching qualification (Trainee tutor role).
Please note that previous teaching/training experience is not necessarily required as we have availability for either an experienced Tutor or a Trainee Tutor
• Applicants must have a Mechanical Manufacturing Machinist background of fitting, milling, turning
• Must also have used CNC machines but this does not need to be recent experience
• CAD experience is also required
• If you have a Mechatronics or Robotics qualification/background this would be beneficial but isn’t essential
We look for outstanding technical people, creative and analytical thinkers, decisions makers, influencers and excellent communicators. Join us today.
Apply at https://www.qinetiq.com/Careers