We are looking for Maths Tutors (Salary £23,371 -£29,599 pa) to work in our growing department. So if you want to be part of a team that strives to deliver excellence in teaching, learning and assessment through innovative teaching and learning strategies to enable our students to achieve their highest potential then Oldham College is for you.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Oldham College on its journey to becoming "A Great Place to Learn and Work "
We are a local college with a reputation for dynamism and success and the provision of high- level education and training at its heart.
We embrace and encourage all those who are driven to better themselves, achieve their goals and reach new heights. Excellent resources combined with exceptional tutors and student support means that our students and apprentices are well supported to achieve their ambitions.
The college is widely regarded as one of the most improved colleges, based on students’ feedback, qualification achievement rates and reputation. Each year approximately 5500 students, including 1000 Apprentices and 600 Higher Education students choose to continue their studies with us.
JOINING OUR JOURNEY
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
• Generous Pension Scheme
• Employee Assistance Scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
• Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
• Free confidential counselling service
• Staff recognition awards
• On-site Day Nursery
• On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Maths Tutors you will play a key role in shaping the direction of our college. You will be responsible for your Curriculum Area and implement innovative changes to improve the teaching and learning of Maths across the college. This is an excellent opportunity to have real impact in a college, which is moving at pace with strong support from its Senior Leadership team.
In these roles, you will:
• Ensure learning, assessment and teaching is delivered in a stimulating and innovative fashion
• Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
• Design and deliver a flexible and relevant range of provision including GCSE and Functional Skills
• Be a great teacher and role model
• Nurture a culture of professional development that is integrated seamlessly in every day practice
• Be bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards
• Drive Oldham Colleges vision and expectations to have a significant impact on students’ life chances
You must have a degree in Mathematics or a related subject and a recognised teaching qualification. An Assessor Award would be advantageous. Experience of working in the FE sector is desirable.
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
To apply for this vacancy please email an up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of Monday 19thNovember 2018.
Interviews to be held week commencing 26th November 2018.