The post holder will oversee the following elements of educational delivery within the Youth Programmes Directorate: Traineeship and Apprenticeship learning and our bespoke preparation for traineeship programmes, which includes Employability, Enterprise and IT unit qualifications.
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring our traineeship programme delivers excellent development opportunities for City Gateway’s service users, enabling them to positively progress from City Gateway into Further Education and/or full time employment.
The Employability and Apprenticeship Manager will be responsible for effective management of the apprenticeship programme, ensuring that learners progress towards achieving their qualification or are prepared effectively to enable them to pass their End Point Assessment.
They will translate the apprenticeship standards into a deliverable curriculum for apprentices and assessor trainers to follow.
Reporting and data analysis will form a key part of the post-holder’s role. Working with the Strategic Information Manager, the Employability and Apprenticeship Manager will ensure that a performance culture is embedded in their department, using performance data to drive action and improvement across their team.
The post holder will work closely with the Head of Curriculum and the Quality Manager to ensure the organisation is appropriately prepared for Ofsted review.
Duties and responsibilities
• Plan for the long-term development of City Gateway apprenticeships, including response to the Apprenticeship reforms; attraction of new employers into service; increasing up- take from existing employers, taking into account local and national skill strategies and/or shortages
• Work with The Employment Engagement Manager to ensure retention of, and timely achievement for, learners in line with national rates (or above)
• Work with the Head of Curriculum and the Quality Manager to ensure that the delivery of work-place learning enables each learner to progress and develop relevant skills to meet the required industry standard (including Functional Skills for relevant learners)
• Plan for the long-term development of City Gateway traineeships, including working with the development team to manage City Gateway’s partnership with IBM; and entry into other traineeship partnerships
• Work with team of tutors to ensure that classroom-based learning effectively prepares each learner for entry into the workplace
• Ensure that each work-experience placement enables the learner to develop and practice their skills, towards becoming ultimately job ready
• Work with the traineeship tutor to determine the job readiness of each learner as they finish their traineeship
• Enable effective measurement of learner progress from their individual starting points
• Ensure that punctuality, attendance and retention whilst learners are on placement is at target levels
• Liaise with Employment Manager to ensure new placements secured are suitable for learners
Adult Learning Programmes
• Plan for long-term development of City Gateway’s adult learning programmes, particularly through partnership working with the Women’s Programme
• Work with the Head of Curriculum and Quality Manager and Functional Skills and ESOL Lead to ensure that delivery enables learners to achieve their potential whilst on programme at City Gateway, including those that fall behind
• Work with the Functional Skills and ESOL Lead to appropriately match learners to course and monitor probation to effectively support learner retention.
• The post-holder will contribute to the pan-organisation Ofsted-ready working group, ensuring that each component of educational delivery meets Grade 2 or Grade 1 descriptors
This role requires the successful candidate to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check in compliance with City Gateway’s DBS & Risk Assessment Policy.
Equality and Diversity
City Gateway is committed to equality and valuing diversity. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
The post holder must have a firm understanding of safeguarding policies and procedures
• Line Management of the Assessor Trainers, and specified classroom delivery tutors
• Ensure team have qualifications, training, subject knowledge and experience relevant to their roles and use these to plan and deliver learning appropriate to learners of all abilities, reflect good industry practice and meeting employers’ needs
To apply email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 19th November 2018 09:00AM.
Interview Date: 26th November 2018.