IT Service Supervisor /Assistant Network Manager
Permanent - £25,837 - £29,218 per annum, minimum 26 days leave plus Christmas closure and Public holidays, rising to 29 days.
Do you have previous experience working within IT and network support?
Do you have good proven knowledge of communications technology and physical network Infrastructure?
Are you an ambitious individual who has experience motivating and leading a team of IT Support Staff?
If so, Bournemouth & Poole College would like you to apply for this IT Services Supervisor / Assistant Network Manager role, where you will be working closely with other staff within the Media and IT Service department, providing skilled operational support to College staff and students. The ideal candidate will have a Level 4 National Qualification in IT or a Computing related subject, and substantial experience of working within IT and network support. The main purpose of this role is to supervise a team of IT Support and Help Desk Staff at the North Road or Lansdowne Centres, ensuring that both teams resolve a high proportion of requests at the first point of contact.
If you are excited about this role, then please apply today!
We are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area, we have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
Bournemouth and Poole are looking for an IT Services Supervisor / Assistant Network who has a good knowledge of IT network management, such as account management and application distribution in a Microsoft environment. You will be assisting the Director of Library & IT Services and MITS Managers in the management and operation of all College IT systems, including web-based systems, voice and AV services. This role requires you to oversee the workload, room rotas and timetables of staff to ensure that the College IT Help Desk and MITS service points have adequate cover at all times. You will often devise and deliver IT staff training, such as self-study schedules and group workshops, to ensure the optimum deployment of staff. As part of this role you will assist Network Managers (NM) with the day to day maintenance of College IT networks, which includes; network administration, application distribution, backup, virus protection, security, hardware MIS, VLE, LAN infrastructure together with the servicing and repair of IT, AV and voice systems, as directed.
Additionally, you will keep up-to-date with technical developments and provide additional documentation where necessary, liaising with academic and admin staff on a day to day basis regarding IT requirements which may mean attending regular briefing meetings with IT staff.
Key responsibilities, skills and attitudes
• Substantial experience of working within IT and network support.
• 2 or more years’ proven supervisory experience
• Demonstrable experience in PC Maintenance, Microsoft workstation and Network Operating Systems.
• Knowledge of technical maintenance of IT networks
• Good knowledge of IT hardware and software applications
• Knowledge of IT network management including: account management and application distribution in a Microsoft environment.
• Proven knowledge of communications technology and physical network Infrastructure
• Good interpersonal and written skills.
• A methodical approach to problem solving
• Ability to work under pressure.
• A Level 4 National Qualification in IT or a Computing related subject
• Available for evening and weekend work
• Previous experience working within a public sector / education environment. (desirable)
• Supervisory qualifications such as ILM (desirable)
• IT industry qualifications relating to Microsoft or Cisco systems (desirable)
If you feel you have what it takes for this IT Services Supervisor / Assistant Network Manager role, then please click apply and complete our online application process via the careers page.
Your application should demonstrate fully how you meet all of the aspects of the person specification.
Please be aware only fully completed applications are accepted, so please take the time to complete our application form.
There is a closing date of Monday 29th October for all applications with interviews taking place on Tuesday 13th November.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.