Protocol are delighted to be working with Peterborough Regional College to appoint their Head of Faculty – Arts.
Peterborough Regional College are embarking on an ambitious and exciting new chapter and are looking for a number of new and inspiring senior managers to enable them to get there.
The College offers education and training to over 9,000 students and businesses every year providing a huge range of courses to suit everyone – GCSEs, vocational career focused courses, part-time adult courses, apprenticeships and higher education and professional training. They are a medium sized college of £28.5m in good financial health and are seeking a swift improvement in their Ofsted grade back to “Good”.
The main campus is a 30-acre site just out of town and co-located with its own higher education (HE) centre and University Centre Peterborough. They also have several other smaller sites and offer a full provision from pre-entry to HE level.
This is an exciting time for PRC as they are placing more responsibility and autonomy in the hands of their curriculum managers.
The College are looking for a highly motivated and capable FE manager to provide a learning experience that allows students to achieve their full potential. Heads of Faculty will control their own staff budgets and have no teaching commitment, giving them the authority, control and capacity to make a success of the role and innovate. We are looking for leaders who have the drive, experience and passion to take individual faculties on the next step of the college journey.
The successful candidate will provide a broad, relevant, differentiated and enjoyable learning experience for all learners within the Faculty so they can achieve their full potential and to manage the effective deployment and performance of staff.
The post-holder is personally accountable for the following outcomes:
1. Student achievement on or above national rates
2. The standard of Teaching, Learning and Assessment within the Faculty
3. Continuous improvement: specifically, the successful delivery on time of all Action Plan requirements within the Faculty QIP
4. Full compliance with awarding body requirements
5. Achievement of financial targets
To be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
• Hold a level 5 Teaching Qualification
• Hold a relevant degree level qualification or equivalent professional qualification.
• Substantial prior teaching experience in Further or Higher Education
• Recent curriculum leadership
• Experience of delivering continuous improvement
• Knowledge of the Further Education sector
• Knowledge of the Common Inspection Framework
• Knowledge of curriculum development, innovation and delivery
For an informal discussion about this role contact Protocol’s David Beynon on 07970042334 or Ben Wood on 0115 911 1134
For more information and to apply visit http://www.protocol.co.uk/peterborough
Closing date: Monday 17th October 2018, 5pm
Interview Date: Week commencing 29th October 2018